Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Pre pregnancy vitamins?

As you ladies are all so helpful this is my next query!! I was thinking of taking sanatogen mother to be tablets but don't know whether to go for the ones with omega 3 too or just the mutli vitamins?? I take cod liver oil tablets every day at the moment.

Thank you in advance!! X

Replies

• hey, yeah i think it is a good idea to take things, but ill prob just stick with folic acid, and pregnacare (i think thats what its called) im gonna try and eat loadsa veg with natural vitamins and nutrients in them, as i dont wanna stop taking the pills when baby arrives, and lose my motivaation to be healthy image

i think the ones you get in the chemists/tesco are all much the same, prob a little bit of variation between diff vitamins and things they contain, but to me folic acid is the most important, as i was born with spina bifida and want my baby to be as healthy as i can help it to be image

Manda
  • Hey

At the moment I am just taking a standard multi vitamin but one I come off my pill I am switching to Pregnacare Conception, I already have 3 months supply put away as I got it on offer. I'm not sure about the ones you have mentioned as they don't sell them near me, I had a hard enough time finding Pregnacare. I just know you need a good dose of folic acid as amanda2Blyon mentioned but I'm not sure about other things. I like to take the extra as a just in case as I struggle to absorb things. Sorry I couldn't be more help image

xx
  • Thank you ladies! Yeah I've seen the pregnacare one but a friend of mine took the sanatogen one and recommended it to me. I doubt there is much difference tho! XXX