Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A positive note for those TTC

I have been beating myself up a lot for still not falling preggers. I have been TTC on and off for around 18 months (on and off being the key reason as to why I still haven't!). I came off the pill, my periods are like clockwork, etc, but it just wasn't happening. A friend of mine has just announced that she is pregnant image I was congratulating her, and we got on to the subject of TTC and how stressful it can be. She's healthy, young, the perfect example of how you "should" be before having a baby. She said it took quite a while to fall pregnant, and basically she said you just have to have a lot of sex, every day, even when you really don't want to! Sounds so simple doesn't it!? :lol: So I am going to be very busy for the forseeable future! image:lol: I just thought that this would be a positive message for anyone like me, because I was feeling very down about it all, and even the "perfect" example found it hard. Happy baby dancing! image

Replies

• Options
    Ah, that's nice. Thanks LadyGooGoo!

• Options
    thanks for that. yes, it's very true. you do need to have a lot of sex. last time we bd'd every night for two weeks around ov. it worked. it's a bit more difficult ttc the second as we're both soooo exhausted from looking after the first :lol: but going to give it a good go this month as we'll be on holiday at the crucial time. good luck ladies. xx