Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC Diet Club - anyone want to join me?

Evening ladies!

I originally started a diet club at work but we weigh on Tuesday's and, because I eat out at weekends, I hasn't really motivated me!! Instead, I'm going to weigh in the morning and then every Friday morning after that!

Anyone want to join me on a TTC slim down?

When I weigh tomorrow I'll be around the 16st mark and I'm only 5' 3"... so that makes my BMI around 39-point-something. image Ideally I'd love to be around 11st as this was the weight I was when I met hubby! I was a size 14 there and I'm now a size 18 on top, and a 20 on the bottom.

I won a crosstrainer on Ebay and my Dad is picking that up for me on Tuesday. I'm planning on having porridge for breakfast, cereal bar for a snack, chicken or prawns and salad with dressing for lunch, fruit juice and dried fruit for a snack and a home cooked meal in the evening for the week and then weigh again on Friday morning.

I'll log on tomorrow with my actual statistics!

Replies

• Options
    hiya I'll join you on your mission I've got around a stone to lose but it's stubborn (or I lack the willpower) and I just can't shift it image
  • Options
    I'm off to slimming world tonight as I need the pressure of knowing someone else is going to weigh me! Have about a stone to lose, am currently at my heaviest point ever. Good luck, will look forward to seeing how you get on. x
  • Options
    Dotty, I'm similar to you, so I will happily join.

What are you using to count your calories? I'm using a app called myfitnesspal, and its brilliant because you put in your height, weight, type of job you do and gives you a personal calorie amount, and a little diary to keep track. I think there is a website too.x
  • Options
    Hiya,

I could do with this too. I want to lose half a stone but I really struggle! I managed to loose a stone last year for my wedding and I am at the same weight I was then but I just can't go down anymore! I've started Zumba and am making a concious effort from today with my food. I used to do Weight Watchers and still have a calculator so will stick with that for now I think. Good luck girls!

Are we setting a date on here to check in and say how we're doing? x
  • Options
    Hi,

I'll join! I'm going to Slimming World so I'll check in each week and update my weight. I've managed to lose 8.5 pounds since the start of the year but it's slow!!! Mainly because I haven't been really sticking to it!!! image

Determined to get healthy and an ideal weight so that if we haven't conceived by the year mark, the Dr won't question me on my BMI which is pretty high at the moment imageops:

Good luck ladies! image
  • Options
    Evening ladies!

Ok, so I weighed this morning and I'm 15st 13????lbs. I'm 5' 3" so that gives me a BMI of 39.2

I'm going to set myself up a weightloss ticker and am, initially, going to aim to lose 10% because you hear all about the health benefits. Sooooo, my goal is to lose 22lbs! Wow - sounds far off but I can do this!!

Wibble - welcome to the club! I know all about lacking motivation, lol!!

Aprilfool - I've done SW before and it's a fab diet!

LiB - I'm not counting as such... just cutting down! But if the weight doesn't come off then I'll either resort to calorie counting or I'll go back to SW! But I'll bear that app in mind!

Starangels - I'm going to report here on a Friday morning from now on as that's when I weigh, but I might pop on occasionally to say how I'm getting on!

Tiggeroo - that's a great start! Goodluck at SW!

xx
  • Options
    weighed in this morning and no change on my scale :evil: doesn't really surprise me though as I have eaten a fair bit of rubbish over the weekend... fc I can control myself this week
  • Options
    Another 2lbs loss for me this week! Wahoo! We even went to a BBQ this weekend and I was bad, but maybe the 5hrs of gardening on sat helped?!

How's everyone else got on?

Sorry you didn't lose anything this week wibble, we all have bad weeks. I expect to put on some next week due to AF bloat x
  • Options
    hiya ladies, is it ok if i join im 5ft 2 and 11st 10lbs im hoping to maybe get to 9st 8lbs i used to be 8 but i think thats going to be 2 hard a goal to reach im doing zumba and legs bums and tums 2 times a week and just making a myfitness pal addy up image
  • Options
    mrsangela2011 add me if you are on it image
  • Options
    Added you sugarplum x
  • Options
    Welcome Sugarplum! image x

Well done LiB! Fab work!

Wibble - I was the same last week! Was really disappointed until I thought back over what I'd eaten!!!

I've had the worst diet headache ever - it must be all the sugar and toxins leaving my system!! Had it for over 24 hours but it's easing off now, thankfully!

Dad and hubby picked up my crosstrainer today! Just waiting for it to be set up this week and then I'll be able to start exercising! image
  • Options
    Well done Lady 13lbs weight loss is amazing! I've only managed to lose just over half a pound as I was really naughty over the weekend! image

However, been quite good the last couple of days and aiming to really stick to it now. I suppose that a 9lb loss is better than nothing! Also my BMI has now dropped by 2 points which is great. In an ideal world I'd like to be 25 or below, but my initial target will give me a BMI of 27 which isn't too bad.

Back on my cross-trainer now though and feeling pretty good about it. Had to polish the dust off it first though as haven't used it since before my wedding last year! Aching a bit today, but no pain no gain image

We can do it girls! image
  • Options
    I've got an exercise bike which at the minute is just being used as an expensive hanger... think I might just get round to using it again once my house is all straight decorating seems to take over just about everywhere even tho just 1 room is being done
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

Did everyone have a good low cal weekend?

It was our first anniversary so it was particularily calorie packed, but AF arrived on the morning of our anniversary (:evil: I know!!) so I think I was allowed. Had loads of wine and creamy pasta sauces, so fully expecting to have put on some lbs this week, as I always do when AF is here.

Any good weight losses to report? x
  • Options
    I'm due to go for my first weigh in tonight! Have generally been good but did have quite a few drinks on Saturday night. Interested to see what, if anything, I have lost! xx
  • Options
    no loss for me again this week.... it's the chocolate I avoid it all week then when it gets to saturday I eat and eat til I feel sick. The worst of it is I know I'm doing it! :evil:
  • Options
    I haven't weighed as I've had a rubbish weekend! I really need to get on top of my emotions and my eating!! Goodluck for this week ladies!! xx
  • Options
    Morning ladies, I've assumed I've maintained this week despite the scales sayin I'd put on 2lbs because I always weigh heavier when AF is here due to the bloat & water retention I get. Anyone else weighing in today? X
  • Options
    First weigh in last night - 3.5 pounds off. I'm pleased that I made a good start, now just have to keep it up. Good luck for the week everyone. x