Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it true it takes ages for pill to leave your system?

Hi all

We hae just started TTC this week. I took my last pill on the 11th April and have had af since. I decided to just have sex everyday/every other day and see what happens as I have no idea how long my cycles are etc... Ive been on the web looking for ovulation signs which I dont yet think ive had apart from some stomach cramps.

Some things say it can take months and other have fallen pg very quick. What are people's experiences?

Also does sex feel different for anyone else at different times of the month? eg, when your cervix is lower/higher? xx

Replies

• Options
    i stopped taking the pill end of sept and had a normal 28 day cycle right away. we used condoms that month as i was getting some vaccinations. but we conceived in nov, our first month of ttc and second cycle off the pill. so for me, it went really quickly and the pill left my body right away.
  • Options
    Took my body eight months (plus some extra medication) to get mine up and running again. No BFP yet.
  • Options
    I came off the pill last March and my cycles have been all over the place since then ranging from 28 - 58 days! I've heard quite a lot though that many people experience a surge in fertility just after coming off the pill so fingers crossed you catch that!

Oh, and yes - I find sex feels quite different and actually quite painful at certain times depending on where my cervix is. xx
  • Options
    I came off the pill (microgynon30) in june 2010, my cycles went back to normal straight away, getting a period between every 28-30 days. but we are still ttc now, 11 months later..... so unfortunatly im not one of the lucky ones image

hope your luckier than me!! everyones different xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for thr replies.

Its pretty split then on the pill in your system. I didn;'t even reailse otherwise id have come off it months ago in preperation. Nevermind too late now.

I was hoping as my sister got pg within a month with all 3 of her children and my other sister got pg on the pill that I may have genes on my side but know it does not work like that!

Also good to know about the sex feeling different off the pill. Hope you all get your BFP soon xxxx
  • Options
    Hellooo image

Iv been wondering about this question a lot , iv been on the pill since i was 13 and now im 18 and just come off a little while ago.... will it take me longerr ?

I really hope it dont i just wanna fall pregrantt x
  • Options
    I thought as soon as you come off of it you could fall. That's what all the leaflets say. I remember it use to say if you miss a pill take precaution for 7 days??? Xx
  • Options
    Yeah it does sayy thattt hrmm trueee,, can you look at myy post please and give me some advise x
  • Options
    G/C from DIM, you can fall preggers straight away but sometimes it may take a little while for your body to adjust and tbh I would give your body time to get back in sync as pregnancy is such a tough thing to go through (am 35+5 weeks preggers atm). I was on the pill for about 10 years and let my body readjust for a month but wish I'd waited longer as my first pregnancy was an ectopic image luckily second time around my body knew what to do and I've had a very healthy pregnancy, but a little more painful due to the scar tissue.

Just to say, only took one try each time with hubby meaning the pill did not hinder pregnancy, I knew my cycle and also your body does change when you ovulate so I knew what to look for (lots on the internet about it and in books), also some people do get pregnant quicker than others, I was VERY surprised on each occasion :lol: !!