Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How??

Everyone says 'relax and it will happen' or 'your thinking about it too much' but i really dont know how to forget about it! lol

any one with any tips? haha

xx

Replies

• The only thing I've found that makes me relaxed and stops me thinking about it is getting really drunk :lol: but it's not really recommended and hasn't worked for me
  • I wish!!!

We've decided to go off travelling in the hope that sods law will strike (and we'll need to come home)and if not we're having lots of fun to take our minds off things!

Not a plan suitable for everyone tho! image

I think going out, getting drunk and then having sex with a stranger seems to do it for lots of 15 year olds!! (again not really an option for most people!) :lol:
  • yea that does make me relax and forget what exactly we are trying to acheive wibble wobble, but cant really stay drunk for 30 days until testing can we haha.

Phat_sue your exactly right and made me laugh with your comment 'I think going out, getting drunk and then having sex with a stranger seems to do it for lots of 15 year olds!!'
  • oh may be babye my heart goes out to you and that phrase alone instilled enough anger in me to make me want to slap people!!! lmao!!! We were trying fro 18 months and on the month I fell pregnant were put forward for ICSI due to oh's SA results (3 of them) any way during my long period of ttc I did a lot of research into this and a lot of studies suggest that stress needs to be of the extreme kind to actually prvent you ovulating etc etc

I'm sure being relaxed does help and tbh I was v relaxed that month as I finally had the answers to why it was so long and didn't have my heart set on anything as thought it was impossible (and got drunk a lot that month too after putting a lot of my life on hold for the previous year and a half) but I doubt it was me getting hammered caused it, although like some one above mentioned perhaps if you go behind the bike shed with a neighbour your fil, hubbys best mate no doubt youd conceive triplets with 3 different daddies for each one and have to go on JK to find out who 'owned' who lol.

Can I ask have you been to the dr's or anything about it yet?
  • Maybe baby I have been wondering the same thing! Every month I get stressed about when we should be bd'ing n trying to work out when the best time is even tho I know its prob not going to make a difference.

This month I am trying not to think about it too much hoping that it might just happen but it is hard as I know closer to ov I will be thinking of when to bd!

My cousin announced she was pregnant last month n she never stopped drinking or smoking whilst trying which is so annoying!

x x
  • moonbean.... weve been trying for 11 months, and for some reason when af showed this month it gutted me more than it has done previously.... i think its because its so close to a year and i just didnt expect it to take this long. We havnt been to the doctors yet, i was thinking of maybe waiting till about june then going to see. I really dislike our doctors thou, it almost impossible to get an appointment with a doctor u wud like to see, and over half of them just seem a waste of time and fob you off unless ur practically on deaths doorstep so i was really hoping i didnt have to go, but if i need to i will go, and if they fob me off i will keep going until they get sick of me! lol.

like you vicky even if i dont chart or use my cbfm i know around about when i should be ovualting so i bet i would still stress about when we should bd. lol