Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC for 2 months. please read on for more info! <3

hello guys me nd my fiancee have been ttc for 2months no such look. ive started my monthly period today so ovb im not pregnant this month :/ . is there anything i can do this month to try get pregnant? ive bought folic acid. and also when am i ovulating and how long for ?? i have a normal 28 cycle. me nd my fianc????e are 20 years old and both slim & healthy. i think we are just keep missing the " fertile window". i got told i obulate 14 days after my period . so does that mean i ovulate on the 9TH OF MAY? ..... XXX :cry: :roll: :?

Replies

• Hey blondie,

My cycles are anything between 26 and 28days and I can ovulate on cd16-18. So saying CD14 for a 28day cycle is just an average and could be different for you.

The doctors reccommend having regular sex 2-3 times per week, but there are lots of things you can try to help pinpoint ovulation.

You can buy ovulation prediction kits or a clearblue fertility monitor (boots, superdrug, but ebay is cheaper) or you can chart your basal body temperature, but this will only tell you when you've ovulated but will help you get to know your cycle.

You can also look out for changes in your cervical mucucs - it becomes more watery and egg white like around ovulation.

Hope that helps & try not to get disheartened, some pople are lucky enough to fall straight away, but thats only 25%, 50% within 6 months, so your still in the majority, good luck x