Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TMI SO BE WARNED

Right I need to ask a question and it will be TMI SO BE WARNED. I don't really have a clue about the discharge that I get on a monthly basis, I am completely clueless with this part of me!! I remember last time I was pregnant (for the very short period of time I was) I can't remember having any discharge what so ever. This month I am getting a lot of it (that's why I don't think I am pregnant, along with the stomach cramps I am getting this month, due AF tomorrow) and it is really a yellow colour that it stains my knickers and I can really smell it. Off to the Dr's tomorrow to ask about what's going on. But I think something happened when I had the D&C because that's only when it has got really worse and seems to be getting worse after every AF. I'm thinking I might have an infection or something? So really I suppose I am asking what the discharge is all about and I am worried that I am producing more then I should. Do you think I should be worried??

Thanks girls and sorry :roll: xxx

Replies

• hello mrs, I've never had a D&C but I am assuming they go 'in and up'?? it could be that you have a cervical erosion?? this can be caused by a lot of things the pill, childbirth and medical procedures? One of the side effects is very heavy discharge, I know as I have this myself so much so (TMI alert lol) that I wouldn't be able to go to be in 'just'jammy bottoms I must wear knickers too.

Hoep this helps

xx
  • Thanks moonbean, I take it there is nothing that can be done apart from investing in a lot of femmifresh!! :lol: But I also can no longer just wear jammy bottoms either image
  • i think if it's yellow and smelly, it could deffo be an infection. Like you say, best to get checked out anyway if it's not your normal fare.

What's a D&C? :?

A lot of women report white cottage cheesy discharge before a BFP, (I still get it 19 weeks in- ewww!) Unfortunately, I don't think it's of the smelly variety!
  • Littlestmonkey its an operation I had at 10 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage and they basically scrapped away everything that was left inside me. My body still thought I was pregnant as pregnancy sack was growing but the baby had stopped living. So because I didnt have a normal miscarriage they had to go in and take it all away. :cry:

I dont think I will ever look at cottage cheese the same way again! :lol:
  • Generally any discharge with a strong odour means an infection somewhere in the area be it 'thrush' or a waterwork infection. Dr will possibly ask for a urine sample and if you can catch any discharge on a sanitary towel they will possibly also test it and confirm what they think is the route cause. Hope you get your answers quickly. Best wishes and good luck.