Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello All!

Hi, I thought I would also post this here so I get to say Hi to everyone! (Also on Ltttc and infertility)

I have not been on here for quite a while as it got a bit too much not getting a BFP. My Husband and I have been trying for our first baby since June/ July 2008...so nearly 3 years.

I have had tests and scans over the years which showed I do not have PCOS and that I had ovulated on the month of the test...but I have not had anything recently. I am overweight but have started going to slimming world and lost some weight but no where near enough to get me to my BMI! So more sessions at the gym it is! I have seen various doctors who dont seem to want to help, other than tell me that my weight is the one and only reason that I am not pregnant. I am now a size 22 (was 24-26) but have a large build (I take after my dad!). I know a lot of other women who are larger than I am now and was some months ago - who still get/ got pregnant!

However, I have recently found a lovely new doctor who said that she would help with all the tests etc, but that I should concentrate on losing weight in 2011 to have a baby in 2012!! I know she is right, but its upsetting too as I feel like its delaying it all again! I wouldnt be able to get IVF as I would have to lose about 10 stone to get my BMI to 29 and that is never going to happen! (I am a larger lady...but Im not the size of a house!)

My husband has had tests done on his little fellas and told initially that he has anti-sperm antibodies and that the only way we could have children would be from IVF....then our local university hospital got in contact asking if he would like to help a student look at the various types of anti sperm antibodies and where they came from and if it did actually effect getting pregnant.....cue many months of hubby going to 'do the deed' in a pot (in a small room overlooking offices with glass windows!!) The results showed that where his sperm came from and the quality and quantity etc, there should be no problem in getting pregnant naturally (althought it may take a little longer).

I came off this site for a while as it became hard and also a bit of an obsession looking to see if anyone else shared the same symptoms as me, as I desperately hoped each cycle that this time it would be it! I used to be on the pill (mycrogynon) for about 8 years and so it has taken a while for that to come out of my body. I have finally started realising that when my boobs (nipples) get sore each cycle, that my period is likely to come the week or so after - and not to treat it as a symptom of pregnancy! I have spent a small fortune on tests and I alone must be keeping the companies afloat with my purchases of pregnancy tests!

I have started taking pregnacare as I was told it helps with ttc - and I must say it has really helped with my periods. They used to be really heavy and paifull, but now they are just a mild pain and sometimes I would forget I wsa even on my period until I went to the loo (sorry for tmi!) Hubby has also started taking the male version of it -I think it is called wellman...but may be wrong...so hope the tablets help us both!

We have started to finally get our house sorted out and getting it decorated. I have told hubby that it has to be done in the next few months.... as my brother and sister in law are expecting their first baby and I want them to be able to bring the little one round to ours.

It has been difficult seeing my sister in law throughout her pregancy (we live 30 seconds away so we bump into eachother etc alot) and whilst Im really happy for them, Im really sad too and keep wondering why it only took them about 2 months and Im still trying nearly 3 years later!!

I noticed a post on here the other day about reflexology helping many ladies in getting their BFP's...So I have trawled the internet looking for information and have found somewhere near to me (Derbyshire) and have booked in for next week!! Im quite nervous, but am looking at it as a way of also hopefully reducing my irregular cycles and any stress and or tension I have from the ttc malarky!

I will keep you updated if you would like and hope to speak with everyone in the future....Sorry for such a long post - I do seem to ramble on without realising it sometimes!

Hope everyone gets their long awaited BFP's soon!

EmilyEm

xxxxx

Replies

• Good morning hun and welcome back to ttc.

So sorry to hear of the hard time you are having but you are sounding more positive and hopefully we can all help keep up your pma.

You are doing the right thing by joining Slimming World and getting your body baby ready - a few of us are following Weight Watchers, with tht and getting your house decorated it may hopefully make time go that little bit quicker and at the end of it you will be in good shape with a beautiful house and hopefully a clear mind ready for operation baby!

Sorry if this hasn't helped - not slept a lot last night so I too may be rambling on! image

xx
  • Hi EmilyEmuk1 welcome back, sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I was thinking about trying reflexology too, if nothing happens for us this month I think I'll be booking myself an appointment. I've heard it can help you to lose weight too so that might be an added bonus. I'm nervous about going, I don't know why but sometimes I feel embarrassed telling people we're TTC, it somehow seems private to me and something I don't like discussing with strangers lol! But I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet...hope the reflexology helps you keep us updated x
  • Hi Ladies and thanks for welcoming me back!

Im going for my first reflexology session this afternoon! Im quite nervous just wondering what to expect! I suppose its not going to be painful...well I hope not anyway! It would be an added bonus if it helps lose weight! Im trying so hard not to look at it as the last hope of having a baby - I have to be realistic and see it just as hopefully helping me to relax, regulate my cycles and help me to sleep - and lose weight!

Since I joined Slimming World end of January this year I have lost 1st 3.5lb! Its the most I have ever lost! I work 24hr shifts which doesnt help and I cant always go to the classes to be weighed so I do yo-yo a bit still. My job involves sitting down for 9hrs a shift staring at a computer screen, so the only excercise comes from taking my dog out and going to the gym!

I used to really hate the gym with a passion but now I dont mind going - but I still have to make myself go! I have found also that Im losing inches all over too and that is a real boost - some times when I have stayed the same or put on a bit I have still lost inches....so I would say keep a note of your measurements too to give you a pick up when you feel its not going well!

I have done some more sorting out yesterday re the house decorating....I wasnt intending to, but decided to clear the chest of drawers in my room and throw them! (we have had them for many years and are practically falling down!) So now it will force me to get some new ones - ideally I would like to get matching furniture when we come to change the wardrobe and bedside tables - so maybe its a good thing we are doing all this now as we couldnt afford to do it if we had a baby!

Rightly or wrongly Im going to decorate the house with baby in mind - in the respect that the room that would become a nursery will be an office come bedroom, but done in a way that it wont take too much to change it into a nursery (I have cream wallpaper with irridesent flowers in it, so its not in your face as it were and would be nice still if we put some winnie the pooh pictures etc up and changed the cutains from turquoise/ blue with diamontes to baby curtains!! that way we are not spending a lot now to have to fork out out again to majorly re-decorate.

All the rooms in the house need things doing to them and the garden has to be done too!! so it will probably be a good/ welcome distraction in the ttc journey...maybe it will take my mind of baby making?!

Will keep you updated ladies with how I get on later x hope you are all ok x
  • Hi, I have posted on another thread about my session today, but thought I would pop it on here too to let you know how I got on! Hope you are all ok x

So...had my first session earlier - it was brilliant! Came away feeling really positive about ttc!

She asked about my medical history and any injuries etc....I mentioned I broke my wrist when I was 8/9! and also I hurt my shoulder area when I slipped by the swimming pool on holiday last year. I also mentioned I had been having a throbbing pain in the base/ heel area of my foot too as was not sure why, as it does come and go.

She gave me a hand massage and then did my feet - asking to let her know of any pressure points/ areas that hurt/ were uncomfortable....I was not sure how I would know where she meant at first, but it soon became obvious!

It was really quite relaxing - I was a little tense laying in the chair - as it kept tilting backwards and I was worried I was going to tip back onto my head! I think she could tell and kept telling me to relax and asking if I was ok!

She found quite a few areas on the top 3/4 of my feet that responded to the pressure, but I didnt seem to feel anything on the lower/ base area of my feet (other than the area that I mentioned to her as giving me a bit of grief)....She said that where I had been having the pain was around my ovaries and also where I had not felt any discomfort on the lower part of my foot, was also around the ovaries/ reproductive area and that we would need to work on those areas more in the future...

I had also mentioned before we started, that when Im lying in bed and my hubby lays his arm over my stomach for a cuddle, its really uncomfortable - almost hurting so I have to get him to move. As she was working my feet, she touched an area which was really painful/ uncomfortable and said it was connected to my stomach and spleen area - amazing! Hopefully by working that area too, that pain will also go and we will be able to cuddle in bed!!

She thinks that I would need around 9/10 sessions for everything (pregnancy/ periods, stress, not sleeping, pain in stomach etc)...So I have booked in for more sessions in the next week or two. (she has an offer on of 20% off 10 sessions so I thought I would do that as she said that I could always use the other sessions throughout the pregnancy if I found I became pregnant after a few sessions (wishful thinking!)

All in all Im really pleased with how it went! I was really quite nervous about what would happen and what she would be like but I did not need to worry as she put me at ease straight away.

I need to look at these sessions as 'me time' where I get to relax and take some time out for me - and hopefully the rest will follow! I didnt realise how time flew today and even though the session should have been 1.5hrs I came out 2 hours later! so it was nice thinking she did not rush me.

Since I got home I had a lie down on the bed and went through the shopping list of what I need to get tomorrow, but feel fine - maybe a bit of a headache, but nothing out of the ordinary there!

My Mum is going to see the same lady tomorrow too for her sinuses - so hope she likes her as much as me! I got the impression that she genuinely cares and believes in what she is doing which is a big plus point! Hubby is/was concerned it was not going to do anything, but after seeing how I have been since I got back, has said that he doesnt mind me having so many sessions!

Sorry for such a long update - I do tend to ramble!
  • Hi EmilyEmuk1 thanks for the update, it was really interesting to read. It's made me want to book an appointment nowimage when i mentioned it to my hubby I don't think he was convinced either but I think it would help me with stress alone and perhaps my back that i'm always complaining about! Hope it works for you and you get your BFP soon x
  • Hey loopy013 - sorry not replied for so long, I have been updating another thread with some other people about reflexology - if you wanted to have a look its this -

http://www.babyexpert.com/community/forums/thread/1498200?page=1

Hope you are ok xx
  • Thanks EmilyEmuk1 x