Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should i ????

Hi Ladies

Just want some advise i am 36 years old (37 in jan) i have a ds who is 5 & had a dd in december 2010 it took me 2 years to conceive my ds then another 2 years to fall again but sadly ended in a mc then 10 months to fall 4 my dd the question is we r talking about going 4 No 3 am i too old? & when should i try again i have a bad back waiting for a quarterzone(i know spelt wrong lol) injection which i should of had done last year but fell pregnant

I want to wait till i have injection & maybe till dd is at least a year but i worry it will take a long time again & think maybe i should try sooner rather than later as long as she is walking wood be ok

Sorry this has turned into a longer thread than i planned but any advise wood b great

Also on the pill at mo & bf

Thanks

Billie x

Replies

• Options
    I don't think you're too old. I had my first at 36 (fell pregnant whilst on the coil - long story) and am currently 31 weeks pregnant with my second at 38. It took us four months to conceive this one. Women have children at much older ages and as long as you're aware of the risks and the fact that it might take longer to conceive this time I would say go ahead when you're both ready. Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi I would say that it partly depends on how many children you want? If you are planning 3 then I think that you have time to wait for a bit even if it has taken you 2 years to conceive but if you want more than 3 you probably need to start trying sooner rather than later!!

I always wanted 4 children and ideally before I was 40 but although I have always fallen pregnant within 4 months I have had 4 mc, 2 between babies no 2 and 3 and another 2 last year. I consequently had my 3rd baby aged 36 and am 20 weeeks pregnant with my 4th who is due just after my 41st birthday.

There is 20 mmonths between my 1st and 2nd which was fine and they are very close.

I think you should definately wait until after your cortisone injection then even if you fell pregnant straight away your dd should be walking.

My advice would be to decide first on how many children you want then if you would be ok with a close age gap if you did get pregnant straight away xx
  • Options
    Hi. I'm 42 and found out last week I'm pregnant with my second. I was 37 when DS was born. I also work full time, hence my user name! We talked about having another when DS was 2 or thereabouts and decided that if it happened then fantastic, if not we had a gorgeous son. I'm having the obvious worries about potential problems, but last time I knew he would be fine, and I'm going with that now.

I know a couple of the girls I was at school with are now actually grandmothers themselves, but to be honest I don't feel 42, I think I stopped at 30!

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am new here image I am 40 and my husband is 47 we are newlyweds, married 16th July and are now ttc our first child. I am scared and excited and hoping we fall pg quickly as I feel we are now running out of time!

OP I don't think you're too old at 36 and I would agree with the ladies above, have your cortisone injection and then strt ttc, good luck image
  • Options
    Hi ladies, thought I'd jump in on this one! I'm 39 and already have a 7 year old boy (who was a wonderful accident) I met my hubby when my boy was a baby and we are now married(2 years). I have now decided we should have a baby together so I came off the pill 6 weeks ago but no AF as yet!! the doc says don't worry and come back in 2 months!! worried that it may take a while to fall pregnant especially when I got pregnant with my first so quickly. Just wondered how you all are getting on?
  • Options
    Hi Carioke,

Well following on from my last post on this thread, we conceived our first month of trying! I came off the pill in June and on my GP's advice we used condoms until I had one proper AF to make sure the pill was out of my system, last AF was 4th Aug!

Good luck to you image
  • Options
    Hi pp roses,

That's brill,you must be so excited?

AF decided to come along 7 weeks after stopping pill but it was very light and only lasted 2 days!so just going to carry on trying!

hope you are well x
  • Options
    Hi Carioke, my story is similar to yours. I am 38 and had my ds 7 years ago. I met my new partner 3 years ago and we have been ttc for about 3 weeks ago but no af as yet. How's it going?
  • Options

Hi Ronnie3,  It's a while since my last post on this thread; unfortunately we've still had no luck conceiving after 13 months, I'm always regular so I think maybe it's just my age that could be the problem ( I was 40 in May) off to docs tom to see what advice they give.

When I came off the pill af arrived 48 days later and I had every pg symptom but it was just all the hormones kicking in!

good luck and hope you get your bfp very soon xx

• Options
    Thanks for the advice, hope the docs goes well for you.