Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

clomid expereinces

Hello ladies. Ive been precscribed clomid as im very irregular and been trying for nearly a year since my mc. I can't decide whether to give it 1 more chance on my next cycle or just start taking it. Im just concerned about side effects adn the possibility of having twins. I wouldn't mind having twins but I know that there are lots of risks of problems with carrying twins and with me being 37 it could add to the risk. Has anyone any experience of taking clomid? thanks x

Replies

• I've just completed nine months of clomid - unfortunately it was unsuccessful for me. I also suffered from long cycles, so it did improve that and gave me more changes - going from 48 days to 28 days, so that was good. In terms of side effects I hardly had any - mainly hot flushes. I know some people have taken the tablets in the evening to sleep through the side effects, but I took them in the morning but got the hot flushes when I went to sleep so very odd!!

A lot of people have great success with the clomid, so I'd recommend it - it's much less invasive and less clinical than other treatments. THere are a couple of clomid threads on LTTC so come over and join us x
  • Thank you for your reply. Im sorry it wasn't successful for you and hope you find something that is xx Ill have a look at the other threads xxxx
  • Hi there,

I was prescribed clomid 10 months after my ectopic pregnancy to kick strat my system and it worked on my 2nd cycle and i'm now almost 30 weeks pregnant. Never thought it was going to happen and totally credit it to the clomid.

The first cycle I took in the morning and the symptoms were a bit grim so the 2nd cycle I took in the evening and had virtually no symptoms. To be honest clomid sysmptoms are no worse than pregnancy hormone effects so I wouldn't let that detere you.

I know quite a few people on here who have had clomid babies and v few have had multiples. I'm prob bias but for me it was well worth the risk as I'd have rather had twins than not having a baby at all.

The dose they give you at first is really low and for a lot of people it's just a little kick start xx
  • Hi Thanks for your advice. I already started taking just finished 5th day now so fingers crossed. I too have been taking it in the evening and so far not felt any different. I feel beter like Im doing something positve and even don't mind having twins as want too children anyway ha ha. congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck xxxxxxxx