Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Confused.com

Hi Ladies,

I have made few posts on here before so not completly new. Im just very confused :? what to do, me and my husband have just moved into a 2 bed flat that we have bought and the original plan was to see how we got on with bils etc for a few months and start TTC in august when we go on holiday. But my husband said to me this morning that he thinks i should come off the pill now and we should start trying now and i just dont know what to do for the best.

I do really want to try for a baby but i think i am scared of taking the step, i spoke to my mum and she said to go for it your never really truly ready for children because it is the unknown, i said what about the holiday what if i do fall and feel crap on holiday and she said if you keep seeing things like that you will constantly be putting it off.

Just wondered what all you ladies thought and if you had any experiences or advice :roll:

Replies

• Options
    If your on the pill it could take a while for your body to readjust your hormone levels before you conceive (unless you're one of the lucky few). As for being pregnant on holiday, everyone's experience of early pregnancy is different and whilst you may get morning sickness you can just as easily breeze by without it (I did with my 1st, big shock this time around). Best wishes and good luck.
  • Options
    The chance of anyone falling pregnant in the first month is very small. On average normal healthy perfectly fertile couples can take up to 2 years to conceive naturally, so if you keep putting it off, you could still be waiting 2 years when you're ready to start trying.

I can take a while for the pill to completely leave your system too.

Your mum is right. There is never a perfect time to try for a baby, you just kind of adapt. x
  • Options
    I agree with your mum, if you keep putting TTC off just in case it coincides with something you have planned you will keep putting it off, and end up never going for it

And of course, you never know how long it is going to take

I say count your lucky stars that OH is so keen to get going!!

Best of luck xx
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for being so positive and nice i think i will have a chat with OH tonight and maybe take the leap knowing you ladies are here for support is also very encouraging.

How about you ladies when are you TTC if not already? image
  • Options
    I'm due my 2nd LO in Sept. Both times it took me 4mths to get BFP from start of TTC. Presently thinking this will be our last child owing to financial side of things but then you never know.
  • Options
    i have had a chat with the the OH and we have decided that after i finish this month pill pack which is only 2 days left eeeeeekkkk we will start image

I am excited now that we have decided but sure i will be nervous if and when we get the BFP

I have been taking a multi vitamin for ages now and it contains folic acid so if i went on to a conception vitamin now. What is the recommended dosage of folic acid so that i can see it the multi vitamin contain the right amount?

once again i would just like to thank you ladies for your advice image
  • Options
    sorry double post
  • Options
    I think 400mg of folic acid is recommended.

Taking that step to ttc is very exciting!!

It took us a year to conceive our second child so you just never know. I wanted another baby when our daughter was one but she was 3 1/2 when I gave birth to another girl x
  • Options
    Thank you fiona86 my multi vitamin says 200pg what ever that means so i can going to superdrug today and buy some of there conception vitamins so that will have the right amount.

Its very exciting i cant believe that Monday we were looking at august and now its upon us image
  • Options
    Well ladies i took my last pill last night eeeeekkkkk image doesnt feel real at the moment i think it will kick in tonight when i dont have to take a pill lol

I can now say we are Officially TTC!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    Good luck, very exciting!