Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ahhhh just cant decide when to start

Hi ladies

me and hubby have always decided we would start ttc june time then i had a panic and said we would wait till august but now i feel like some days i want to start now as am worried it may take a while ( got pg with my 1st oh our first try so not used to waiting ) then other days i feel i should wait even longer as oh may be getting made redundant in october .. he isnt the main wage and can get temp work easily but i worry what people will think , getting pregnant while oh hasnt got a stable job . i know we could manage though .

oh has said hes ready whenever i am which i know makes me lucky but i kind of want someone to make the decision for me

wondering if i am just overthinking things but seem to spend loads of time agoinising over the right time and playing that off against how long it may take ... am i going mad lol never had all this with my first i was so relaxed and just left it down to luck xxxx

Replies

• Hi, sounds like you had good luck first time round!

It might be like that again or it could unexpectadly take longer then you imagined. You never know.

When we decided to try for #2 our daughter was 21 months. But it took us a year and she was 3 1/2 by the time her baby sister was born. Im happy with the gap we got but its not what I planned. Now we started trying about 2 months after dd2 turned 1 but we were not successful and we have been on a break for a couple of months as we have a holiday in June.

As soon as this af shows up we will try again. DD2 is almost 22months.

I dont think you should wait I think you should go for it, see what happens. When you do fall whether its month 1 or 10 you'll be over the moon imageimage
  • Definitely don't base your choice on what other people might think! I'm worried about trying for number 2 as there will be a small(ish) age gap between my children plus I'm considered a young mum myself, so I bet LOADS of people will judge me. But frankly, I don't care anymore, I'm doing what I want and what I think my daughter will want in the long run (a little brother or sister to play with!).

Just try to relax and go with the flow. image

xxx
  • thanks ladies am sure i am just thinking about it too much ... i seem to be driving myself insane working out all the possible outcomes and when is going to be the best time . I have my best friends hen do in a couple of months and dont really want to be pregnant for that but then dont want to leave it too long .. might just not play it very safe in between and if its meant to be then will be if not try properly after the hen do ... SammyhamUK what age gap are hoping for ? how old is your current baby xxx
  • What is considered a young mum now? I was 19 when I had my first daughter and I felt very judged. When I had my second daughter I was 22 and felt old enough. No one judged. Now I'm 24 and wanting a third I don't consider my age a problem at all image x