Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Do i or dont i have no. 3

Hi everyone

Just after a little advice really. Here goes my story I am 34 soon to be 35 and have 2 children already DD 9yrs and DS 10yrs, now over the past 3 years i have been on and off wanting another baby at one point was about to stary trying last year when my husband turned around and said no he really didnt want anymore so back on the pill i went.

Anyway this year about 5 months a go my husband changed his mind and said if i would like another then thats ok with him but i back then and untill now have said no i dont want anymore now and had changed my mind that was till very recently and am thinking maybe we should just go for it as im not getting any younger and i have always set myself an age limit really of 35 to be final. But i really dont know what to do will having another after so long and having such big age gaps with my first 2 spoil the life we have at present or im thinking if i dont have another will i live to regret it and always wonder what if.

Is there anyone else in the same position as me or what would you do if were you?

:?

Replies

• The ultimate decision only you and your OH can make but there are pros and cons. The plus side both your current children are old anough to understand what's going on and to lend a hand once baby is born. The down side is that this baby will only be starting out in primary school once his/her siblings are off out finishing secondary school and starting college, you'll be having to explain different bed times and why the older children will be allowed out with their friends but your youngest has to stay home doing homework and going to bed. It works for some people (my sister has a 7yr age gap between her two children) but myself personally I'm not sure I could do it.
  • Hi a friend of mine has 2 children and a 11 year age gap between them. the eldest absolutly adores her younger sister and she plays outside in summer with her and her little sister gets so excited when she comes homke from school ect. one thing i was told when i was pregnant with my eldest (i was only 19 at the time) is "i have never known anyone regret having their children but have known a lot of people regret NOT having children when they wanted to!"- this has stuck with me!

• I am in a similar position to you and it's driving me mad. We have a DD who is 8 and a DS who is 3. We have recently got married (Beginning of May) and ever since the wedding I've developed a massive broodiness.

I know in my heart it is what I want but I don't really dare bring it up with DH yet as I've always been very sure I didn't want any more (had a bad pregnancy with DS) and I'm scared that now he doesn't either.

My practical side is telling me it's just not possible - no space in our 2 bedroom house, no "spare" money etc etc but my heart is screaming out for it image

If I were in your position and both you and your DH would like to have another child, you have the space etc and it is practical for you then I think you should go for it - what "iwantanotherpls" said about regretting NOT having a baby when you wanted to has really struck a cord with me - I may use it in my "please can we have another baby" speech to DH when I pluck up the courage lol.

The age gap wouldn't really be a problem I don't think, the older children will be a great help. I know my DD would be "Mini Mummy", she's baby crazy image

I hope you come to a decision soon image

-x-x-