Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Late AF and BFN's - all join here!

Hello!

thought I would start a thread for people who have late AF and are getting BFN's! I have no advice, I am going through it to, but maybe we can all have a moan together! image

I am currently trying for baby number 3, this is my 5th month of TTC. My name is Kirsty, and I am a stay at home mum, My eldest is 12 and my youngest is 2 (almost 3). I am currently CD36 of a 30 day cycle, absolutely no sign of AF and have had about a billion negative tests :?

xxx

Replies

• Hello,

I'll join you! I am currently 3 days late (but with some spotting) and BFN. I think because I didn't ovulate this month but there is always that bit of hope lol. This is unusual for me, I usually have a LP of about 12/13 days with spotting for a couple for days before that. This should be 16DPO now if I did ov. Its so frustrating. This is 10th month of ttc number 1 but at this point I would be happy with af so we can get on with trying again!
  • I know what you mean! I would be happy with AF because nothing is so frustrating! FC and prayers that you get the BFP you so deserve! 10 months of trying must seem like such a long time! I have been trying for 5 and I am frustrated! Big hugs xx
  • Thank you. Same for you!

Have you got any symptoms? I haven't really. Had few days feeling sick and now a little queasy on and off. Also had an upset stomach so it's probably all a bug! lol. Weird one, I've had achey cramps on my legs, particulatly my left one :?

Spotting has got darker but still brown and only when I wipe (sorry for tmi). I'm sure af will be here full blown by tomorrow, if not tonight. Bring it on :lol:
  • I have achy boobs this afternoon, pain in left side of pelvis today. I had quite a lot of pains in my pelvis, and top of my (right) leg yesterday. also threw up after dinner yesterday, and have felt queasy on and off. but straight after I threw up I felt better, so must have been something I ate! I don't know how much is in my head and how much is real symptoms tho! just testing every morning! Hope you find out either way soon hon! xx
  • Your symptoms sound very promising! Got FC for you!
  • thanks chick, me too for you! xx
  • Woah Kirsty, we're twins! I'm Beth, a stay at home Mum, have been ttc number 2 for 5 months and currently on day 36 of a 30(ish) day cycle, just like you! My dd is 22 months.

It feels like I've done a guzzillion tests, all bfn, it's so frustrating, I just want to know either way! I've heard of some people who are pg and never get a bfp, man I hope I'm not one of them. I've had 2 previous pg (had a mc the first time, and got a bfp the day af was due both times. Af is NEVER more than a day late.

Am typing this on my phone, and phone changed mc to KFC, so it said that I've had 2 previous pg, but had a KFC the first time! :lol::lol::lol: Thankfully I noticed before I pressed send!
  • Oooh, ticker has informed me that I'm cd37 not 36!
  • wow!!! pleased you managed to check you phone would have definitely had me laughing out loud!!! image I am CD38 today, and still nothing... hopefully a shy bean and I hope you have one too! am thinking I might go and lay it all on a bit thick to try and get a blood test, as I physically cannot afford to buy anymore tests!!!!

oooh I so hope we are both Pg, actually we would be due on the same date almost! (getting way to ahead of myself now!) image keep us posted on your progress, and likewise I will too! xx
  • Yeah, would be fab if we were both due on the same day! My lmp was 16th July, does that match yours?
  • 15th July! image close enough! image xx
  • I'm out, onto month 11! Af arrived this evening. At least its something...

Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you both! image
  • aw chickensoup image like you said tho AF is something, onwards and upwards! Hopefully month 11 will be YOUR month!!! image xx
  • I hope so! Any news yet??
  • no! nothing. only phoned the docs on thus. so can't really call them again yet image can't afford anymore HPT (spent around ??50 on them this month! eeekkk!) either, so will have to keep on not knowing! xx
  • well im at the docs at 9am wed morn cos am the same was due on the 12th and still nothing spoke to a nurse at work and ahe said to tell them i need a blood test to check my hormone levels and that the ward had told me to ring and ask for it so thats what i have done. Fingers crossed i get some answers x
  • Hi ladies, can i join you?

im on cd28 and im normally a very regular 25-26 day cycle.

ive been doing a test everyday for the last 4-5 days and of course all bfn's. but i dont even feel remotely like af is due. not crampy, no spotting. sorry if tmi, but still lots of cm and dont normally have this before af. and also dtd atthis late stage usually brings on af..... not even this is working!!

think this is a great idea for a thread as the frustration level is huge! i never thought i would want af to arrive so much so we can move on to cycle 6 of ttc.
  • Hi andi! course you can join! I know what you mean about dtd brings it on, it usually does for mew to, but nothing! I have just e-mailed a midwife friend to see if she can shed light on the whole situation, will post her reply when I get it! hopefully you'll get your BFP soon!!!! xx
  • thanks kirvi.

im wondering if its down to vits? ive started taking b6

at the start of this cycle. and ive just seen someone has bumped up an old thread on b6 making af late, so just wondering the same. how long have you ladies been trying for?
  • possibly hon, I am not taking any vits so not sure... this is my 5th month of trying, not as long as some ladies. am hoping it is a BFP and not just late AF for you! (and me... and everyone!) image