Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Santa please stop here - BFP's wanted!

Replies

• Wonky_donkey woke up late so no eggs this morning for me lol!

Ooh look at all the newbies, hello!

Glittery_em love lemon drizzle cake, not made one of those in so long!

Palepinkroses thanks for the hugs, very much need them this month, af has hit me hard! Ooh sounds like very promising symptoms that your hubby has spotted! FC for a line this weekend!

Missymoosmum hugs to you, frigging evil witch has been extra evil this month! I was a bit like you, I didn't have signs that she was coming but just woke up yesterday with zero pma and just knew she would.. Wow cycle 16!! I didn't realise you had been trying for so long. I am now on cycle 10, but actually only month 9 cos of my short and sometimes dodgy cycles! What does high morphology rate mean? How is hubby finding the detox? Bless him!

Baby_bear a BFP would be the best chrimbo present ever, let's hope we all do it!

Loopy if yours and hubby's tests are all normal what would be the next step for you, just wondered cos you're over a year of ttc now aren't you?

All this biscuit talk is making me hungry, time for lunch i think!!

xx
  • Hi missymoosmum I didn't realise that you'd been trying for 16 months either, hope you get your BFP soon. If I ever do manage to get a BFP and have a baby I don't think I'd leave it long before we started trying for another especially if it's going to take over a year each time. I'm an only child and so I've always wanted more than one but I know I'd be grateful to even have one at this rate.

_mummy2grace_ I've added you to the front page - good luck!

wonky__donkey yes we're going to Gran Canaria for mine and SIL's 30th birthdays, I was really hoping for a BFP before then so I suppose I've got one more go at it.

PBubs glad to hear that you'll manage to catch ov - yay!

ohh PalePinkRoses keep us posted I'll keep my FC for you.

Sianuk11 hope AF leaves you soon hun - she can be cruel at times! Yes we're over a year TTC now, the doctor said that if everything is fine we've got to go away and keep TTC for another 6 months and then if still nothing we need to make another appointment with her and she'll refer us to the fertility clinic. So if it doesn't happen on it's own I think I'm going to be in for a long old wait. In my surgery they don't normally refer you unless you've been TTC for 2 years but I think she took pity on me as I was pretty upset discussing it with her - I felt like an idiot afterwards mind :roll: I'm getting so impatient for hubby's results I hope he manages to remember everything they say all the techincal jargon are going to totally new to him and I know I'll want to google it afterwards lol.

missymoosmum FC the detox works, I was speaking to one of my friend's who's sister had trouble conceiving. They both stopped the alcohol for 3 months (cos that's how long its takes to make new sperm apparently) and they had a BFP so definitely worth a go. We're trying a mini detox but there are going to be things coming up where I won't be able to avoid alcohol (unless pregnant) like my SIL's 30th birthday and a weekend away at my uncle's who's a bit of a wine buff.

Sending you all lots of babydust x
  • Wantingnotwo thanks for letting me know I've added you to the list x
  • Hi ladies can I join you please , not sure about testing dates as due AF tomorrow or Thursday (flick between 25 - 26 day cycles ) but hubby has said that he feels pressurised into baby number 2 so if not pregnant this time (which im pretty sure im not now as got all the usual signs that AF is coming so pretty gutted to be honest) then he wants to talk about maybe waiting a couple of months .

so cut a long story short can i join you but may be a little bit hit and miss for us depending on whether hubby decided hes ready or not .. MEN !!!

best of luck to anyone waiting for testing hope this is a lucky thread xxxxx
  • Welcome MummyLintern2Be I've put your testing/AF date down as 1st Sept for now, I can always amend it.

FC for your BFP, how old is your 1st child? Hope ur hubby decides to go for it if it doesn't happen this month x
  • wow, so many replies - I really am loving the new busy thread.

just a short message while dinner is cooking to say sorry AF got you, missymoosmum.

I will be 14dpo tomorrow and still no sign of AF - really hoping SMEP worked for us this month.

Going to hold out on the testing until Friday as want to see if AF shows her ugly face first!!! x
  • Loopy my testing date would be 14th September had hubby been around so guess the new date will be 12th October!

Definitely loving all the activity on this thread, just looking forward to all of us being able to announce our BFP's for Christmas, bring on the PMA!!!

For now I am off to enjoy a nice glass of red while I still can image
  • Loopy my little boy was 1 a few weeks ago so nearly 13 months now . Thanks for putting my date down and hoping against hope but got period pains so thinking its on its way !!!!!!!

going to try a bit of reverse psychology on the hubby if not and tell him we can wait as long as he wants then just catch him unawares in the month lol

How long have all you ladies been TTC ?

we were very lucky first time as caught as soon as i came off the pill but i know it isnt always so easy second time round

glad this thread is here to keep everyone going as dont want to tell anybody in case im jinxing my chances ..

xxxx
  • Love a busy thread and I learn so much every day from this forum image

So I ran out of CB OPKs after my last one today and although I now know we'll hypothetically still BD in time when hubby's back tomorrow if I got a smiley tomorrow I'm charting it on the CB desktop calendar so thought I should get some more so I track it properly.

Looked at the supermarkets online before I left work and nowhere had them on offer so had to pay ??20 in Sainos GRRR. Amazon is only ??13 image

Anyway just thought I would let you know that the CB digital pregnancy tests with conception indicators are half price on Amazon in a twin pack. Just ??7.24.

Have had some mild cramping today which is a little odd as last month I only got OV pains the day after my +OPK.

xxxx
  • Hi Now_a_Mrs I've put you down at the 12th Oct for now, let me know if it needs changing.

I'm loving the new thread and new editions too :lol:

baby_bear4 I'm keeping my FC for you hun.

MummyLintern2Be I hope the reverse psychology works on your hubby, FC you might not need it. I'm sad to say we're on our 13th month TTC and not even a whiff of a BFP :cry: just hope its our turn soon.

PBubs thanks for letting us know about the deals on Amazon, I think I'll be ordering some things soon.

Sianuk11 I forgot to say that I've dug out my book 'The Secret' and I've started to read it - I suppose anything is worth a go. Have you read all of yours? x
  • God ive had the day from HELL today! Just got in from work :x

Im definatly needing these cakes now!

*pours babydust everywhere* image
  • Glittery_em can't believe how late you finished work, I hope you have a better day today.

I'm on my own at the moment but my boss will be in soon. I'm plucking up the courage to ask him if I can do a course in Sept and if there is any funding available through the company. I asked last year and he said no, so I'm not looking forward to asking again as he isn't very approachable at the best of times.

Sending you all lots of babydust has anyone caved in and tested? x
  • Morning ladies

I've posted this as a stand alone thread too but as this one is so busy and I've already been on here I thought I would post it here too for some help!

I'm in my second month TTC but just a bit of history for you about last month... last cycle was 28 days, used CB OPKs and started testing on a Sunday CD10 as advised, didn't get a smiley until the Wednesday and got OV pains on the Thursday (CD 14). Four days later on Sunday I started 11 days of every PG symptom under the sun and felt horrendous - the exhaustion and constant headache was the worst. AF arrived on CD 27 and my TTC experience started with the reality that PG symptoms are identical to AF and I accepted that my body was just going mad for its first proper period since coming off the pill.

So this month I was due to start my OPK last Friday CD10 but as I didn't get a smiley for 4 days last month I didn't want to waste them and didn't start them until Sunday. We BD'd Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. I've had 4 days of non smileys including this morning (which I was pleased about because as you know hubby was away until tomorrow night and didn't want to miss Tues/Wed of this week) but I'm unsure whether to carry on testing knowing he's back tomorrow.

Could I have missed the smiley on Fri/Sat because I didn't test (even though we still BD'd so it doesn't matter) or is it possible I still haven't OV'd cos AF could be all over the place?!

I also started the same AF/PG symptoms again yesterday (headache, hot, cramps ,tired) which if I did OV on Fri/Sat would be the same time between OV and symptoms as last month.

Any advice or thoughts would be fab - thinking it was silly of me not testing on CD10 now as I still don't really know what my body might be up to!

xxxxx
  • Pbubs - obviously as you know we share a pretty identical cycle image I myself didn't test till Monday as ovulated on day 14 last month and didn't see the point in using all my sticks as the last 2 cycles had been 28 days, tested using OPK this morning and no smiley either. I know I ovulated on the Thursday last cycle so I am thinking that maybe I will get the smiley tomorrow morning (am actually hoping it will come Friday as there is a chance hubby may come home early and be home on the Saturday).

Although I have been having no symptoms I have got slight cramps this morning but thinking it may be more psychological than anything else. I know this doesn't really answer your question but at least you're not alone, here's hoping we get the big smileys tomorrow then you really can take advantage of your hubby being home!

xx
  • Hi PBubs, this TTC malarky is a bit tricky isn't it. What i learnt fast is that anything is possible, and sometimes everyone is different, even our own cycles can be different from month to month. You could have missed the smiley face i suppose, but it's unlikley to have been that early. I'd keep testing even though hubby will be home, just to track your cycle if nothing else, gives you a better idea of when to test, but then I'm a poas addict image FC you get to see that smiley face, and all that bd'g over the weekend won't be wasted either, those little swimmers can apparently live up there for up to 5 days!!
  • Mummy_Lintern, i had to wait for hubs too, but when he was ready to TTC then he alomost got more excited about it than I did... so it's worth waiting for them to catch up, bless them but we can't manage it without them on this one :roll:

baby_bear - any news yet???? You have willpower of steel, i'd be having a widdle on a stick by now for sure! image

Glittery-em, eek what a long day, hope this one is going better for you hun.

Loopy, go for it, nothing to lose. What's the course? I haven't been on anything for ages but next week i get 3 days out for a workshop on Dimentia, yikes i hope my boss isn't trying to tell me something :lol:

ok better fly on, but on the ss front i did get quite sharp pains last night in the bottom of my tummy, which has been making gurgling noises since Sunday, even when i'm not hungry. I don't think that one is on the list of early pregnancy symptons but heyho I'm prepared to imagine it is until proved wrong!

Have a good day xo
  • Missymoosmum that's so bad that your oh's doc didn't explain any of that! Ahh poor swimmers, hopefully the detox will get them in tip top condition again soon, like you say you managed it once! After September I am going to try to convince my oh to stay off the booze til xmas - will be tough though as he likes a beer plus his job involves a lot of schmoozing...

Loopy I totally agree, if I manage to get pg I think I will just start trying again straight away! I was just thinking last night that if I had caught in January when we started ttc then my due date would only have been a short time away now! I forgot you were going to Gran Canaria too, ooh how lovely! Weather is pants right now, will be nice to get some sunshine! Hopefully you wont need to go to a fertility clinic hun, FC for hubby's results, I'd be the same googling everything! I have skim read through the Secret, but think I need to actually read it properly. I have just finished a book (One Day - totally recommend) so I'll start reading the Secret again now! Have you talked to your boss yet about your course?

MummyLintern2Be i hope that af has stayed away, how long have you been trying for #2? I've been trying for #1 since January so this will be my 9th month but my 10th cycle as I have short cycles (had a 15 day cycle at start of the year!)

Baby_bear I hope af has stayed away today! You are doign well not to test til Friday!

PBubs do you use the CB OPKs for the smiley face? I know a lot of people like them cos they are clearer to read but to save money I get these dead cheap strip ones off amazon, get about 20 for a fiver. Some people dont like them cos they dont like reading the lines but I used them properly last cycle and was dead easy to see the lines! You might have miss ov by starting your OPKs late or you may just have not ov'd yet. Or if you are doing them at the same time every day you might just have missed it as apparently LH can peak and fall all within 24 hours... That's where the cheapy ones come in handy cos you can justify using 2 a dayimage Sounds like you would have covered it with all that BDing anyway!

Well not much to report from me today - just been for CD3 blood test so FC all comes back normal. It's been over a week now I think since the scan and I've not had a call from the docs so assuming that was all fine.

xx
  • PBubs FC you haven't missed it hun, like wonky_donkey said cycles can be stange things and vary so much from month to month. Hopefully you'll see a smiley face soon and it might be helpful investing in cheapy internet ones liek Sianuk11 said too. If I was you I'd start temping because it's a great way to confrim ov with your opk.

wonky__donkey I hope you enjoy your course next week hun. The course I want to do is a CIM which is a professional qualification for the chartered institute of marketing. It costs about ??900 though so if they won't fund me fully or partly then I'm going to have to find it myself. I hope he is in a good mood - u never know with him.

Ohh Sianuk I picked up OneDay in WHSmith the other day but I ended up buying another book instead. They've made a film about it haven't they? I'm really hoping we'll hear about DH's SA results this week - i'm so impatient lol! No I haven't asked my boss yet about the course I'm waiting for the other lady I work with to go to lunch otherwise she hears everything! How would you approach it?

Glad the scan went okay and FC your CD3 bloods will be ok too. You're so lucky being offered those things, they won't send me for anything else at our surgery CD21 bloods and that's it.

Is anyone else starting to look forward to the weekend already or is it just me? :lol: xx
  • Yay just found out that my hubby is coming home on Saturday instead of Monday and I still haven't had my smiley face on my OPK this month yet (think it should be due tmrw)! Now really hoping that the smiley face doesn't come till Friday or Saturday then maybe I will be able to change my testing date to September and not October!!

Trying not to get too excited as had counted this month out already but would be really be an added bonus if we could try this month!!! I never thought I would say this but smiley face please stay away for 2 more days image
  • Ladies I've just got my BFP!!

I am terrible no patience whatsoever, got home from work and just felt pregnant, can't explain it so I did a cheapy test and got a definate if pale pink line! Then grabbed the clear blue digital and it says pregnant 1-2 image

So excited! What do I do now, should I phone the doctor tomorrow or wait??

Can't wait to tell my mum and dad now, one sister has just given birth to baby no 3, other sister (pg with no 2) had her first scan today and my cousin has just given birth too and now I am pg OMG!!!!