Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Santa please stop here - BFP's wanted!

Replies

• (((((hugs))))) Mummy Lintern, hope you can reach acompromise (which involves you getting your own way) xxx
  • Sorry af arrived mummy lintern? How long have u been ttc, onto mth 10 for us although I'm not at all hopeful as dh away on a course with work around ov time!!!!! So told him we'l have a month off of actively ttc and aim for Oct again!

Glittery-em sounds good defo a bfp for you tomorrow, bet u r getting scared I was with my first I couldn't sleep that might for excitement ha think I sat up searching the net for baby stuff hehe!

I had lovely cuddles off my two week old nephew yesterday it was lovely could've at there all night hehe!

Xxx
  • DC Glittery Em!!! Sorry to everyone who's add arrived. I hate that witch!!

so mad at myself 6dpo and what do I do? Test!! I need my head testing. What did I expect the outcome to be? I'm gonna wait until Friday at least to test now.

Good luck to all!! X
  • Loopy - can you change my testing to 14th Sept please - not holding out much hope as had no smiley but decided not to keep testing and just to wait for AF and see what happens, maybe hubby coming home early was good luck, PMA here image

Sorry to those who's AF has arrived, fc crossed for all of us still to test.

I'm back to work tomorrow after the 6 weeks holidays so hoping that will take my mind of it and stop me obsessing just a little bit!

Hope you're having good weekends ladies.
  • Glitteryem - im not sure what his problem is to be honest we just ended up having a massive row and he said some very nasty things so really dont know where we stand . he said he didnt want to keep talking about it as the talking about it was what was making him feel pressurised , he wants things to be just how they were with our DS when basically we just said i would stop taking the pill and see how it goes , i got pregnant straight away so we were very lucky no talking about ttc . Hubby is not great at making decisions which i think is why he was just hoping i would have got pregnant this month and we wouldnt have to decide to "try " if that makes any sense . Im finding it hard to get my head round to be honest .

Half way through the row he said we will just go with the flow and see what happens over the next few months but then went on to shout that all i talk about his having a baby and hes sick of it (i have purposely tried not to which i pointed out but just made things worse as he said now he feels like he is stopping me from doing something i want to do .... )

really dont know where to go with this ... just feel in limbo and dont want to bring it up again as it just seems to make things worse ...

anyway back to you bet you cant wait to test tomorrow ill have everything crossed for you xxx

Mrss11 this was really only our first month so i wasnt expecting anything really its just really hard with the situation with hubby cos now i think we may be on hold or we may just be going for it but darent ask in case it starts another row ........ How long did it take you to conceive with yoru first ??

hope everyone else all good , thanks mummytograce im going to just see how things go , i just want to feel like we are getting somewhere , if it took ages to conceive at least i would know we were trying but now have no idea whats going on

xxxxxxxx
  • MrsS11 so sorry the witch got you hun (((big hugs)))) hope weightwatches goes well for you. A lady in work with me has lost one and a half stone doing it.

So sorry MummyLintern2Be that the witch arrived for you too, I hope you and your hubby manage to sort things out. I think sometimes men get a bit overwhelmed with baby making, not like us girls who obsess! Hopefully you can just -see what happens' and take a relaxed approach to get ur next BFP.

Glittery_em FC for another BFP on Mondayimage

Vickymoo can't believe you tested lol! We've all done it, as you know it most definitely would be too early for a BFP anyway. Good luck when you next test.

Now_a_Mrs I've changed you testing date. Are you a teacher? My DH is and he's back in work tomorrow, I'll be glad when he's back in work I find it really hard going to work myself when he's off, I just want to stay home with him! If you are I'm sure the start of term will keep you busy and your mind off TTC a little bit.

Well I've had a lovely weekend so far, I haven't gone anywhere but we've been sorting out our 2nd bedroom - cleaning, sorting out drawers and moving furniture for the big wardrobe my lovely Dad is building for us. We're also re-decorating so I'm playing about with samples at the mo, it's nice to focus my mind on something else other than TTC and I can't help but think it will be nice to have the bedroom done with extra storage for when we do get a BFP x
  • Mummylintern, could you and your hubby not try the unprotected sex thing and see what happens? If i was you ild just make sure your BDing on your fertile days and not tell him, surely he wont realise when exactly they are?

It must be so hard for you, sending you a virtual hug!

Well, hubby and me gave in and tested with our second first response early. Got 2 very obvious pink lines.

Tested with another CBD and BFP!!! 1-2weeks! image

So very excited, and scared, and anxcious all at the same time! Not really sure what to do next, i guess its giving the doctor a call.

I realise we are both very blessed, and wish all of the rest of you ladies buckets full of luck and babydust!!
  • Well hubby and I have just returned from a lovely weekend in Brighton and I've got 41 unread posts oh my gaaaaad!!!

Far too much to reply to all of you but great to catch up.

Now_a_Mrs are we twins or something?! I gave up waiting for a smiley on Thursday when I still didn't get one and hubby was back and you've had the same and are cycles are the same lol!

I had really bad cramps Friday(CD17) - particularly on the right side of my abdomen, Saturday not so much and they're just kicking in again now - today is CD19. Sore nippoleons and darker outer rim of nips too.

I did have CM last Sunday/Monday but no smiley came so who even knows if I did on the Saturday (CD11) when I didn't test but in a way I'm glad I've got cramps as if it is AF build up for 2 weeks (AF due 13th)like it was last month, then I think I'll be on track for another 27/28 day cycle which is great. And the 11 day headache and exhaustion isn't here like it was last month and that was a killer so I'm all good in the hood.

Hope everyone had great weekends - this 2ww (if I'm in one LOL) will feel even worse than the last with my cramping starting at CD14 rather than CD18!

xxxxxx
  • Glitteryem - OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE CONGRATS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and i think we are just going to try unprotected sex and see , ill make sure i work out my fertile days and am not just not talk about it to him. hopefully that will ease the pressure

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Glittery_em WOW massive congrats, I bet you are over the moon!

PBubs glad you had a lovely weekend in Brighton, I've never been but it's one place I've always wanted to go.

MummyLintern2Be I'm sure the more relaxed approach will work for you hun (like last time) hope ur and your hubby are ok.

Just a quick question ladies, I'm trying to be +ve but do any of you worry that you're never going to get a BFP? I can't help but be filled with dread sometimes that I'm never going to be a Mum :cry: I don't want to be all sad on a Monday morning I just wondered if anyone else ever felt the same?

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend x
  • Congratulations Glitter-em xxx

Sorry to those of you that AF got xx

Loppy ((hugs)) you WILL get your BFP remember the PMA xxx

We started tidying up the spare room this weekend, can't wait to make it into a nursery!
  • Loopy - HUGE hugs ! you will get your BFP eventually and when you do all of the waiting etc will be forgotten !

try and stay positive xxxx i cant imagine how hard it must be but it will come i just know it , be an extra specially good girl and santa will bring you your BFP xxxx
  • Sending you a monday morning hug loopy! Im a big believer in fate and it does have funny ways of doing things! You will get your BFP soon, and itll come at even more of a perfect time! image

Still getting our heads around our BFP. Told my mum and dad last night. I think at first they were like, huh sorry..what did you just throw into the convo just then. Its weird how you come out with it :lol:

Over the moon obviously. Just telling parents and our siblings for now, the rest can wait till the scary few weeks are over!

BabyDust to alllll of you, especially for santa who im sure will deliver a few more BFP's for you! xx
  • Glitteryem i am so excited for you !!! you made your docs appointment yet ?

xxxx
  • Thanks mummylintern!

I have 2 indoor cats and am now freaking myself out by looking on the internet about that bacterial infection called taxoplasmosis. You can catch it off cat poo and changing litter trays and apparently if you've had it you can pass it to your baby and it could cause miscarriage or brain damage later in life! image

Do any of you know or have heard about this? Anyone else have cats?

My docs only allow you to make appointments after 2pm if they are non emergency, so waiting.....

Going to try and make it for next monday, as mondays are my day off and it gives me a week to say my AF is a week late etc.
  • i have friends who had cats and didnt have a problem i think its only dangerous if you had cut yourself and were touching it , i dont think just cleaning litter trays alone etc would be a problem .

googling is the worst , i was horrendous with my DS , used to google the % risk of miscarriage at each week .. you can drive yourself insane

try not to worry too much just be a bit careful and make sure you wash your hands etc , get some of the antibacterial wash if you dont have already

oh and dont eat it lol xxxx
  • Glitter_em, taxoplasmosis is caught by coming into contact with animal faeces, most commonly cat's. Anyone can contract it at any time but usually adults don't notice that they've had it because it's so mild, however it can be very dangerous to contract it whilst you are pregnant because it can cause birth defects. You can ask both your midwife/doctor and vets for advice but I think the current thinking is to not touch the litter tray whilst pregnant so I'd say if you must then make sure you are wearing thick rubber gloves or better still get your hubby to do it!

You may also need to think about what to do with the litter tray(s) when baby becomes mobile....

And as MummyLintern says: oh and dont eat it! eeuuwww!!!
  • Palepinkroses , thats much better advice than mine xxx
  • Sorry I just realised that I said Monday 12th sept I'm due/testing Monday 19th sept, my head is so messed up with the amount of work I have on at the minute plus im planning dd's 2nd birthday for next month, congrats to the bfps and I'm sorry to the ladies who were caught by the witch

Babydust xxxx
  • thanks ladies, from what you've said and what ive read i feel a bit better. Hubby will most def be cleaning and scooping the litter trays from now on! But to be on the extra safe side ive bought some surface antibacterial wipes to wipe the area around it with, some antibacterial hand gel, and the dettol air freshner that kills bacteria :lol:

I also read that most people would of had it at some point in their life and therefore buit up antibodies and become ammune to catching it again. Ive had cats all my life so im hoping this may be the case!

I most certainly wont be eating it! image