Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Santa please stop here - BFP's wanted!

Replies

• Glittery_em, if you're concerened, your doctor can check if you've had it already with a blood test, you'd then be immune and hopefully will set your mind at rest.
  • Hi ladies, where is everyone its too quiet on here x
  • loopy, maybe they are all too busy BDing :lol:
  • lol im here , no BDing for us until the weekend ...

just a question how do you ladies know your fertile times ?? xxx
  • :lol::lol::lol: Glittery_em I thought that as soon as I posted the message - i must be missing out!

MummyLintern2Be I temp and also use the CBFM to work out my fertile days.

A quick question does anyone use or tried evening primrose oil tablets to increase CM? I was thinking of givign them a go x
  • At the risk of looking really silly what do you mean by temp ? sorry its all new to me , i know exactly the date i conceived my son the first time so was going to try and use this to repeat the same kind of timescale but realise its not very scientific !!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxx
  • Loopy, I used AC this month for the first time , not ovd yet (cd13)but usually ov cd17 and have has loads of cm since cd9!! Deffo makes a, difference! x
  • loopy I've read good things about Evening Primrose Oil supps for CM but you can only take for the two weeks prior to ovulation as it isn't safe to take if you might be PG.

From what I've read on here ladies just take from CD1 for 2 weeks then stop until AF or BFP arrives!

I upped my supps from just folic acid to include B6 and a combined Vitamin C and Iron this month as B6 is supposed to be good for CM and lengthening the LP. I don't necessarily have a short LP but thought it can't harm!

Will be rattling every day haha!

May start evening primrose next month if no BFP.

xxxx
  • morning ladies !! How is everyone today ?

i am completely confused about what CD i am on as AF was due Wed 31st but was only spotting until late Friday where overnight full on AF came in . This has never happened to me before so am completely confused on when i need to BD this month !!

just going to start this weekend and get as much in as I can

xxxxxx
  • Palepinkroses, have you been for your docs appointment yet!?

Very interested to know what they said and what happens!

keep me posted so i know what to expect when i go next monday image
  • Hi MummyLintern2Be when I said temp I meant recording your temperature every morning when you wake and recording it every day for the month. If you purchase a basal body thermometer (I bought mine from Amazon) you take your temperature every morning when you wake (it's supposed to be the same time every day) even before you get out of bed and record it on a chart, most of us on here use the website fertilityfriend.com which is free to use. You will see a temp rise when you ov and fertilityfriend will confirm ovulation so you can pinpoint exactly when it is. This is a cheap and easy way to work out the best time to be bding but it can change from month to month so working out from when you bded with you 1st child might not be very accurate because things might have changed since then - hope this helps, any other questions fire them my way image

Thanks for the info PBubs and missymoosmum do you know how much EPO you should take a day? I've read a 1000mg tablet three times a day so a total of 3000mg is that about right? I think I'm going to buy some today and start taking even though I'm on CD9, I'll take them until I get my first 'peak' on my CBFM as ov is usually the next day.

missymoosmum what is your new testing date? I'll add it to the front page.

MummyLintern2Be I would count 1st Sept as CD1 if I was you, it's suppoed to be the first day of full flow rather than spotting, that's way I do anyway hun. If you google ovulation calendar online and enter your AF date and cycle length it will give you a rough idea of when the best time is to be bding but it's not accurate for everyone, temping would be the best but it may help you to narrow it down a bit.

PBubs ha for rattling, I only take a pregnancy supplement at the moment so hoping that contains everything I need.

Well ladies I had an email yesterday out of the blue for a job I applied for ages ago. I've been invited to an interview next week, it's my ideal job but don't think I'm going to go for it. The problem is it's a fixed term contract until 31st July next year it would mean I would have to stop TTC and also I may be without a job at the end of it and the way the job market is at the moment, it's a scary thought! I'm also worried about putting off TTC any longer as it's taking us so long and I'm also turning 30 soon so I feel like I need to hurry up! It's so annoying I feel like I'm stuck in limbo until I get my BFP if the job was permanent I would have to go for it but I don't think I can take that chance and put off TTC for another year. What do you all think?

DH hasn't heard anything about his SA results yet, he's going to ring the doctor's again today we both just want to know now. We're trying the every other day approach this month, FC it will be a success.

Sorry for the mammoth post, hope you are all ok x
  • ohh ok, thanks missymoosmum....i guess ill be a nice quick customer for the doctor that day hehe.

Do you know if when the 12 week scan is booked you get a bit of a say as to a better day/time for you?

Its just i work as a beauty therapist and its enough having to hide morning sickness from my clients and nosy work friends, without having to re arrange appointments for random reasons in the middle of the day! hmmmm, i guess i will wait and see. Worry about that nearer the time :lol:
  • Morning ladies image

Glittery_em my doctors appointment is tomorrow morning so will let you know how I get on!

Missymoosmum thanks for the info about the dr/midwife as I was also wondering what would happen image

Loopy, good news about the job (it's nice to feel wanted!) but whether you take it or not is completely your choice, I must admit I was thinking of changing my job a couple of years ago and decided to stay put, partly because it's convenient (only 10 min walk from home) and also because I knew we would ttc as soon as we were married and being with a company longer usually means you get better terms re maternity and you're better able to negotiate about how you want to return to work if you are a valued employee, my company also has a pretty good deal as far as maternity goes so I'm now really glad I stayed, boss is also a dad to two young children and very much the family man so hopefully will be very supportive image As I said it's up to you, these are just the reasons I decided to stay where I am!

FC DH SA is good news xx
  • Morning ladies! Wow lots for me to catch up on - I read on my phone over the weekend but it's so hard to actually reply I wait til I'm on my laptop!

Not really much from me, had a nice little BBQ with OH and his kids on Saturday but I've been really poorly the weekend, just come back to work today.. CD9 today so well aware that ov is gonna happen in a few days but feel so rubbish I doubt even the relaxed approach is gonna work this month! So frustrating cos last month we did it all right - +ve OPK, had EWCM, BD at the right time, temps all went in the right direction, but still no bean! Grrr... Loopy I totally understand how you feel as I am feeling exactly the same this month. Just feel like if it's not happening when we're doing everything right then will it ever happen! Might be cos I am ill but I have really lost my PMA this month. We had OH's kids all weekend and they were cuddled up to me on the sofa and I thought, is this the best it'll get for me? Snuggles from other people's kids!? Arrrrgh.. snap out of it Sian!!

Glittery_em massive congrats to you hun, so pleased that the new thread is working some magic already and hope it continues!

Baby_bear sorry af got you hun image You'll be on your hols now so hope you're having a good time!

MrsS11 glad to see you back again hun! Sorry the witch played tricks on you by coming late image I'm not temping this month, trying to give myself a month off from trying cos it's OH's birthday next week and my friend's wedding and I just want to enjoy them and not be stressed out. Problem is I know from the previous months of temping when I will probably ov!! So it's still in the back of my mind. But no temping, no OPKs, no Conceive plus this month... Looks like we are sort of ttc the same amount, I'm on cycle 10, but month 9, due to short cycles..

Loopy Glad to hear you have ordered a new thermometer, will be good to have a more accurate chart! Did you watch Inbetweeners? I saw it last week, soooo funny! Gutted it's all over now.. Sounds like you had a productive weekend! I use Starflower Oil to increase EWCM and it has most definitely made a huge difference! It's more expensive than evening primrose oil but has twice as much GLA so you only need one tablet a day. Only take it until you ov though. If you want the job I would say go for it hun, you're not happy where you are at the moment. But still keep ttc. If you get pg in the next few months the end date of the contract might coincide with when you'd start maternity leave anywayimage

MummyLintern sorry that the witch got you this morning too, she is being a very mean witch this month catchin so many of us.. Sorry to hear that you and hubby had a row image I think it's easier for men to say ???????just see how it goes???????, for us women it ends up being so consuming. I barely manage to think about anything else even though I'm meant to be having a month off from trying! Hopefully you will fall pg again by just seeing how it goes like you did before. In answer to your Q about fertile times, I know from temping that I ov on CD12/13. I get EWCM in the couple of days before.

Vickymoo hands off those tests! 6dpo are you mad! Lol! FC for Friday

Pbubs hope you enjoyed Brighton, I went last month and loved it! Such a nice place. Hope the 2ww goes quickly for you . I rattle too with everything I take: starflower oil, vit D and B6, folic acid. Did take AC but not anymore!

Wowsers this was a big post! Eek! Well I did have lots to catch up on!

xx
  • Well I am 8 ish dpo have no symptoms whatsoever except for feeling emotional which could be af showing her ugly head. At this stage with my daughter I was feeling very lathargic, sick and rubbish really.

I don't feel that we'get done it but the weekend will soon be upon us and that means testing time for me!!

The chemist I use even ordered in extra tests for me ( 2 tests for ??2.50!) Ha ha. They are very aware of my poas obsession. Ha ha.

Congratulations to all who have their bfp, fc to all who are waiting to test, and big hugs to all that the witch found.

Vicky. Xxx
  • Sianuk11 just a quick question - how much starflower oil do you take a day? I think I might buy it at lunch. Hope you are feeling better soon hun x
  • Vickymoo that is hilarious about the chemist knowing - made me chuckle image

Still obviously don't know how many DPO I am but AF is due next Tuesday 13th so I'm being good and just waiting to see if she's late.

Nipples are super sore and heavy and on and off cramps. Nothing to note since the weekend really with cramps so totally different from last month when I had every symptom under the sun but it was just AF getting excited for being off the pill.

Think that's why I'm totally chilled this month and will test when/if AF is late as I don't feel any different!

Not climbing the walls like last month which I'm glad about as it was driving me mad!!

Loopy I would say go for the interview if you can, not only for experience but having been made redundant in April and interviewing right up to my wedding in June and thankfully starting a new job on my return it really is great for pushing yourself a little and remembering what you're good at. I agree with Sianuk11 that it might work out if you get a BFP and then go on maternity leave.

No harm in trying! And it's a massive boost if you get offered it even if you turn it down. At least you'll have no regrets.

xxxxx
  • Loopy sorry for late reply, probably no good to you now but I take 1000mg per day from af to ov xx
  • vickymoo you should get some cheapy ebay/amazon HPTs to satisfy your poas obsessionimage xx
  • Hi Sianuk11 no worries I've bought them now so that's only 1 tablet a day then, do you have to take them at a certain time of day?

*RANT WARNING*:x

I'm come to the conclusion that my surgery is crap! DH rang today for his SA results which he had done over two weeks ago. They said there was nothing on the system when my hubby pressed the receptionist she said that she would check with her colleague. She then came back on the phone and said the policy has changed and he now has to ring the hospital direct, giving him the telephone number.

My hubby then rang the hospital to be told that this was rubbish and that the results were sent to our GP the same day that he had it done over 2 weeks ago. Another phone call to the surgery later and he's told that there is nothing on file and the doctor isn't in. They have now said that the doctor will ring him this evening or tomorrow but we don't know what's happened to the results.

It's so annoying we just want an answer now as we're both anxious.

Sorry ladies but had to get it off my chest! x