Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Starting my CBFM - is it useful? Any sucess stories?

Well after being on cerazette for just over a year i came off 12 weeks ago.

so I have been ttc for about 2 1/2 months, not long compared to some people. I have been waiting for AF to turn up, hoping that it would and hoping i would eventualyy get a BFP but AF has turned up imageimage

The only positive thing about AF turning up is that i can start my CBFM.

Has anyone used it before? anyone using now? anyone with sucesses?

Sorry for all the questions

Kelly

Replies

• Hi kellymyule sorry AF turned up hun.

I've been using the CBFM for 8 months now, even though I'm not a success story (yet) I have read lots of +ve stories online of people getting BFP's when they've only used the CBFM for a month or two - hope you are one of the lucky ones.

I still love it though, it's so easy to use and it's great to know that you are bding on the right days. Let me know if you've got any questions x
  • Sorry, but was is a CBFM please?
  • It's a Clearblue Fertility Monitor x
  • Thanks! Be needing one soon. Incidently, when is best time to check? Have a full cycle first or what? Sorry, bit of a hijack, but my head is full of questions!
  • Hi hopeful_gemster I'm not sure what you mean by the best time to check? x
  • Hiya, I'm just on my 12 week wait till my first proper scan (had an early scan at 7+2 and saw heartbeat) but I guess I'm one of the success stories that got a bfp the first month I used CBFM - albeit I say that tentatively as I don't want to jinx anything, I'm not selling my CBFM till I know everything is ok!!!

It was dead easy to use and I'm convinced had I not had it I wouldn't have got my bfp as my peak days were 16 and I would have thought it was a couple of days before so would probably have missed the boat!

Good luck with yours, I hope you get your BFP soon x
  • Hi,

The CBFM is defo useful!! i was trying for over a year with no joy started using CBFM and realised i didnt ovulate regularly after further investigations i found out i have PCOS and we had to use fertility drugs to make me ovulate but i used the CBFM until the end and eventually got my BFP after 2 years and 7 months.

The CBFM did help and im really glad i bought it otherwise i would never have known when i was ovulating due to irregular periods.

Good luck hope you get your BFP soon x