Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice from you lovely ladies please!

Morning ladies

I'm in my second month TTC but just a bit of history for you about last month... last cycle was 28 days, used CB OPKs and started testing on a Sunday CD10 as advised, didn't get a smiley until the Wednesday and got OV pains on the Thursday (CD 14). Four days later on Sunday I started 11 days of every PG symptom under the sun and felt horrendous - the exhaustion and constant headache was the worst. AF arrived on CD 27 and my TTC experience started with the reality that PG symptoms are identical to AF and I accepted that my body was just going mad for its first proper period since coming off the pill.

So this month I was due to start my OPK last Friday CD10 but as I didn't get a smiley for 4 days last month I didn't want to waste them and didn't start them until Sunday. We BD'd Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. I've had 4 days of non smileys including this morning (which I was pleased about because hubby was away until tomorrow night and didn't want to miss Tues/Wed of this week) but I'm unsure whether to carry on testing knowing he's back tomorrow.

Could I have missed the smiley on Fri/Sat because I didn't test (even though we still BD'd so it doesn't matter) or is it possible I still haven't OV'd cos AF could be all over the place?!

I also started the same AF/PG symptoms again yesterday (headache, hot, cramps ,tired) which if I did OV on Fri/Sat would be the same time between OV and symptoms as last month.

Any advice or thoughts would be fab - thinking it was silly of me not testing on CD10 now as I still don't really know what my body might be up to!

xxxxx

Replies