Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I don't seem to be Ovulating!

Hi ladies I was wondering if anyone is having or has had the same problems I'm having my husband and I have been TTC for almost 6mnths now with no luck I taken over 184 ovulation tests and I never seem to be ovulating I don't understand whats going on I don't even knowhow to tell when I am is that bad I've talked to my doctor and he says that I need to figure out when my next period is due to begin and count back 12 to 16 days and ovualtion should be on the 14th day I've been charting and eating healthy be to 3 doctors I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong... Anyways I will take any advice I can get please help... :?

Replies

• Options
    Im not sure i can be much help but, when do you start using ov tests and when do you stop? the reason for me asking, is you might ov very early or late in your cycle and might miss with ov tests. I ov 9-10 days before start of period.

sorry not much help, but good luck x
  • Options
    I would seriously recommend the CBFM -- I was feeling the same as you, taking ov sticks and it always said negative. The monitor really put my mind at ease. You can get them cheaper off ebay. They really are worth it.
  • Options
    Hey Brandy, having been on this board some time now I've seen quite a few ladies who have no luck with ov sticks either, me being one of them.

As missymoo mentioned its best to use them between 2-6pm and don't have a drink or go to the loo for 2-4hrs beforehand to help concentrate the LH in your urine! Even after doing this I never got a true positive, just the odd faint line. However this was me catching my LH surge, as like the other posters I bought a clearblue fertility monitor which picked up my ovulation no problem and was a relief after 8months of wondering!!

As the other ladies have said that counting 14 days back from your last period is just an average and not very accurate at all. My cycles are ~27 days and I can ovulate anywhere from CD14-18.

I've seen lots of success stories on here with the CBFM, it hasn't worked for us as we've found out we've got a male-factor fertility issue, but I would say get yourself a monitor and some peace of mind x x x
  • Options
    I just wanted to say thank you very much for responding to me it really means alot I will look into the CBFM
  • Options
    I used OV tests right at the beginning of my TTC and I never got a positive result. I panicked and assumed I wasn't ovulating. I then started temping which proved that actually I was ovulating, I just didn't test at the right time with the sticks. I have since bought a CBFM and I get a peak every month which is reassuring. I just need a BFP now!
  • Options
    Hi,

If it helps, my consultant at the fertility clinic told me that if you are having regular cycles, then you are ovulating. The hormones control af. There must be some anomalies to this, but that would be rare.

I rarely get a positive on my LH tests. I have a pint of water before I go to bed and use FMU and this gives me the best results. I know I am ovulating, as I have had scans post-treatment.

CBFM are pretty expensive, so I couldn't contemplate one of those.

WM x
  • Options
    A mistake I made when I started using ov sticks is that I didn't leave them long enough to develop. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes to get the second line, and I was just looking after one or two minutes and then binning them. Temping should also help you confirm ov.
  • Options
    I dont know if ur doc has talk to u about clomide but thats what my doc put me on cause i am not ovulating either but i have my periods everymonth with no problem...but some days its shorter and some days its longer...so i start taking my first dose on 09-30-11 through 10-04-11 and i shouldn start to ovuate praying it works and heard alot succuss stories.....so if u had not thouht about that it could be something u can look into to help with ur problem!!!! Hope this helps