Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

PMS or Prgnancy Symptoms?

Good Morning Ladies,

I am new to this site. This is just what i need, i can't talk to friends as they might think i am going crazy!

I have symptoms but not sure if pregnancy or pms. Am due on AF on Monday, tested yesterday as impatient but it was obviously neg as too early.

Have never paid attention to pms symptoms before so not sure if normal or not!

Symptoms are: headache, bloated, exhausted, slight backache, pulling feeling in tummy and also mild cramps, hot and cold flushes and very slight nausea but passes quickly.

Maybe i am imagining it as i want a baby so badly.

Please help!! xxxx

Replies

• Gemba44 it's hard to say as the symptoms for both are so similar! I think you end up paying so much more attention to things when ttc you just notice things more. For me, the symptoms I kept thinking might be pg were just af, so after 9 months I have finally managed to control the urge to ss! FC it is a BFP for you xx
  • Thanks SianUK11 - so confused!! xx
  • Also if there is a slim chance that i could be pregnant, not due to test till Monday, can i take Nurofen for this awful headache i have? Don't want to do anything wrong!
  • Dont take ibuprofen if there is a chance you could be pg its paracetamol (sp) only hun so no nurofen!! I get totally obsessive and over analyze everything symptoms are so similar- nothing wrong with hope and PMA tho!!

Goodluck and Baby Dust x
  • Hi, ive been trying for a baby and when i had all the same symptoms with the breast tenderness etc me and my hubby got really exited so i did a test but it was neg. i wasn't due on tho as id finished my monthly about a week before the symptoms started, this was the end of August. but the symptoms have eased of a lot and im due on in a few days. but i have o idea what the symptoms were all about...confusing!! image
  • Did a test this morning BFN! Not due till Monday tho so will try again then
  • hun if you're not due til monday this is still waaaaay too early (says me the lady who normally tests from about 2 mins post ov lol) xxx
  • Im due on Monday too, and i have been feeling very nauseous. tired and emotional.

I did a test last week but resisting doing another until next week if i am late.

I hate symptom spotting but its so hard not to.

I think the first responses might show if you are due Monday?
  • I know, every twinge and i think it is a symptom! My left boob is tingling today, don't think i have ever had that with pms.

I am going to hold out till Saturday and test with a cheapie one. FC and good luck to you jentiger. Meet you back here on Monday!

XX
  • I have the answer!!

I had really bad 'period pains' just before AF was due and low and behold she didn't appear and i am pregnant so it all feels the same which is pants as it is still a waiting game if you are ttc!
  • Aw congrats!!! Didn't read your orig post until now but YAY!! xx