Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC our 1st( 13 months ttc and still no baby)

Hey everyone, a litte about myself my name is Ashley and im new to baby expert. and a little about our situation we have been TTC our first baby for 13 months now and we have still not gotten pregnant, i have had irregular cycles my whole life, and that could be the reason for not getting pregnant yet. im really starting to get worried?? i come from a family with all girls and all of my sisters have never had any trouble getting pregnant. so it really worries me that im having this much trouble!! does anyone have any tips?? or any insight on TTC for this long? image

i have had my account set up for a while when we were thinking about trying for a baby**

Replies

• Hey everyone, a litte about myself my name is Ashley and im new to baby expert. and a little about our situation we have been TTC our first baby for 13 months now and we have still not gotten pregnant, i have had irregular cycles my whole life, and that could be the reason for not getting pregnant yet. im really starting to get worried?? i come from a family with all girls and all of my sisters have never had any trouble getting pregnant. so it really worries me that im having this much trouble!! does anyone have any tips?? or any insight on TTC for this long??

i have had my profile on baby expert for a while but never looked into it*
  • I too had irregular cycles and was not ov at all. Some women do still ov with irregular cycles but just a lot later than the norm. If u wanted reassurance I would see ur doc as IRS been over a year. They can then do bloods to c if ur ov and can take it from there.

Do u have PCOS? Or is it just irregular cycles?

But test assured falling pg after a long time trying can happen me n hubby were trying almost 2 years then we fell pg!!

It can just take some people longer to conceive than others.

I'd also mention that reflexology was amazing for me and was the only thing that regulated my periods and 3 months in I fall pg!!!

X x
  • Hi. I can't offer any advice but we're not far behind you either at 12 months. This forum is good because there are so many others in the same boat. Definatly see your GP and get your blood tests and SA sorted. Some areas have ridiculous waiting lists for simple tests like the HSG (like ous... image )

I don't know why it has to be so difficult. I feel the same as you- all anxious and bothered about it. I know I ovulate every month because I have a CBFM, my bloods were fine and hubby's SA was 'good'. Don't worry on your own- there are lots of us on here happy to have a moan together xx x
  • Hey!

Welcome to BE.

It took me 13 months to get pg and I'm now nearly 12 weeks. I too had irregular cycles and over the 13 months didn't have two the same length! It's really frustrating, not only because u never know when your going to ov but u also get your hopes up if one cycle is longer than the last and it's crushing when u test and it's negative.

I went to the doc after 9 months and he did bloods to check for ov. He did day 21 bloods which were negative for ov so tested again at 28 and I had ov'd just much later than "normal". My doc said it takes the average person 12 months, not helped when everyone around u is falling pg straight away!

Just wanted to say it can and does happen after a long wait! It doesn't feel like it at the time though.

Good luck and hope it's your turn soon x
  • Hi hun I can totally understand, we've been TTC our 1st for 16 months now and still no luck.

We went for initial tests once we hit the 12 month mark, my CD21 bloods came back fine. DH did his 1st SA but we were told that the sample wasn't big enough to test so we've had to wait another 12 weeks for his 2nd one which is in 6 days time!!! Can't wait to be able to get the results and move things forward as its been so frustrating not having any answers.

Like the other ladies have said I would go and get checked out just in case. If there is an issue with u or ur hubby then it's best to get the ball rolling as there is a lot of waiting for appointments/tests. Good luck x
  • hiya, it took me 15 months to get pregnant. We had went to docs on month 15 and 2 weeks later found out i was pregnant and only DTD twice. Do you use OPK's or anything to see if you ov. Id defo go see your gp and get tests done on you and OH. It can and will happen hun. you just gotta be extra patient hun. i know how hard it can be. sending you loads of PMA and babydust. Hope u get ur longed for BFP very soon xxx