Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Worried something is wrong !

Hi ladies,

I am totally going out of my mind. I have been ttc for 4 mths and the last two cycles using FR OPK. Having had many negatives i finally got a positive last monday (19th) as i was paraniod i had read it wrong ive been testing most days since then and they are still positive! is this even possible ive had 8 days with +OPK ( i didnt test for 3 days as i was away)

I am now totally worried that something is wrong as this shudnt be happening. I am on CD 32 but have very irregular cycles so bascially i never know when AF is gonna show.

If anyone has experienced anything similar please help, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Kelly

Replies

• Are you reading the tests properly? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Don't want to get your hopes up but my friend had irregular afs and after weeks of positive OPK tests (and not understanding why) she had a really heavy, clotty af. It turned out she had been pregnant (but unfortunately ended in mc) all that time and it was registering on the OPK as a positive test.
  • Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to ask if you were using fmu for these tests? I'm asking as I know, besides the cbfm, you should use afternoon urine as fmu can give false results. I had something similar to you one month, kept getting positives and started to worry so did a bit if research and found this can happen. Also, are the sticks definitely positive, as in, is the test line as dark or darker than the control line?

Of course, as Bibby suggested, I'd take a pregnancy test as sometimes ov sticks can come up positive when pregnant.

Anyway, hope I haven't waffled too much. image

Good luck, Gen (10 + 4). Xx
  • Hi ladies,

thank you for your responces.

I am def reading the result, as its darker than the control line.

I am not using first morning urine, im testing between 12-1pm everday.

Im not going to test anymore ill just wait to see if Af turns up. Ill give it a lil bit longer before i test as ive ha dno pregnancy symptoms and i know what im looking out for as im ttc #3 and i always get sore breast before positive result so ill wait for that before i test. I just dont wanna get my hopes up.

thanks again