Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Greetings!

I'm all new to this baby planning thing!

Been a while since I used a forum (used one when I was getting married a couple of years ago!) so I've forgotten a lot of the talk but baby forums have LOADS of new abbreviations that I'll need to learn!

My husband and I have been married for 2 years and are not quite ready for TTC but are happy to 'see what happens' without contraception as I have had to come off the pill and cant bare the thought of a IUD...

I thought a planning/waiting to concieve forum might help with things I've not thought of before TTC. Also...thought I was alone in the 'kinda waiting to try' group of people but I see that I'm definitely not!

Anyways here's to a new adventure!

Anyone else wtt or planning? How long is everyone waiting?

Cake x

Replies

• So what kind of stuff does this forum deal with? I mean, do we just say hi and wait about? Its my first so you can imagine the mixture of emotions I have right now, so I dont mean to sound mean, but I jaut don't quite know what to expect!

• Hello Cakefairy, will this be your first baby, pregnancy etc?? If so then I know exactly how scared/excited you must be feeling. I know every woman has a different experience with pregnancy and child birth but from my view it is the best most amazing thing I have ever done and cannot wait til my husband and I start ttc in November this year. Welcome and let me know any questions you have, I would be happy to answer.x
  • Yeah, this will be our first! Eeeek!!

I'm just unsure of everything really! Its just so strange being on a forum again planning... I think I'm driving my husband nuts trying to analyse where we are now/what we are telling people etc

I also have a niece and nephew and find that having all their stuff around (chairs, t :? ables, toys, clothes etc) and all the affection just makes me want kids more! It's all just so overwhelming! Don't even know where to start image
  • Hi Cake

it is a scary , confusing and exciting time. we are planning to start trying again in Jan , it will be number 2.

i remember TTC and was totally unprepared for how long it would take ! you get told all your teenage years that you can get preggers at the drop of a hat - this is a lie , ha ha ha !!!

also if your not already it might be a good idea to start taking folic acid as it is recommended that you take it for at least 3 months before concieveing xxx
  • AH! Folic Acid! I forgot about that! Where's the best and cheapest place to get it? Any other stuff that I should do/not do?
  • Hi CakeFairy, It really is an exciting time and sometimes on these forums not a lot happens...so yeah you do end up waiting around! As for Folic acid you can get it cheaply from the supermarket or from boots, or you can get it as part of a conception/pregnancy supplement (that's what I take) they cost more but there are quite a few special offers around and that way you know you are taking everything you can image

You may also consider taking fish oils (Omega 3) as I heard these are most important in early pregnancy but you don't want to shock your body by taking them when you find out so it is a good idea to take them before. You can buy these at the supermarkets/boots too image

• Try Holland & Barrett, I got plain Folic Acid, 250 tablets for ??3ish, these should do me the three months before and after.
  • Thanks! I went hunting and was a bit freaked out by it all and ended up only getting a months worth of tablets. I'll take my time and be more prepared about it next time! image
  • We have just decided that I will stop taking the pill this month and then we will see what happens. I am so excited but nervous at the same time because it's such a big thing! I feel like there is so much I don't know but need to!
  • Well I suppose you are in the right place! image
  • hey cake

the best thing you can do is relax !!

i was doing all the temping and opk's and it drove me nuts - gonnd try and relax about it this next time around xx
  • Hi Cake, I know it was a couple of weeks ago when you posted but just thought i'd say hello! I joined the forum at the end of 2009, and worked my way through the planning forum, trying to conceive forum, due in may 2011 and born in may 2011! and now im ready to restart my second journey - eeeeeeppp!! although wont be ttc till next Aug!

I made so many fab friends the first time round and we usually meet once a month with our babies image its brill! enjoy the forum xxxx