Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• Morning lovelies!

Welcome Blue! Always lovely to see new faces on here. Good luck for the 22nd.

Chic, I hope you're run helps to clear your head. Its not surprising that everything is still tough right now, a month really sin't that long at all. I hope the day with your niece helps too. (((((Hugs)))))

Sue, I had 2 early scans, 1 at 6+0 (hospital measured me at 5+2) and another at 7+3, we saw the hb at both. Looking back now, i wish i'd waited until 9 weeks though, because the risk drops a lot after that. I know that will seem forever away at the minute though. Good luck for the docs on Friday.

Squeezed, i'm with you on how you're feeling. I wouldn't want my mum moving away either. Lick Rachey said, they might not go even if offered the job. Its a big decision, that will affect all of you, so i'm sure that they'll think everything though properly before deciding one way or the other.

Kels, i can't believe Ben is already in 3-6 month clothes! it really does go by so fast.

MrsM, i love York too, particularly the lakeland shop. I know they're everywhere now, but i love that one in particular.

WW, chic's right with the cbfm, once you get your first peak, it will automatically give you a second one then a high then back to lows, so its not worth wasting the sticks. Good luck!

Hi to everyone else *waves*

work time, booo!

xxxx.
  • Ah thanks ladies, I was a bit irrationally upset last night like it was a done deal! I know my dad would definitely go. After the shitstorm with his last job where they stitched him up (and everyone else in the dept) to get rid of everyone he got a job in London that he wasn't overly interested in. The one in Bermuda is right up his street, with some guys he knows anyway. He'd take it if offered it, plus the money is excellent and tax free. We'll see! Things are so slow over there he won't know for three weeks anyway.

Sue I had an early scan at 6+6 as we couldn't help ourselves! That was a private one. Glad we did, but would have held off a bit longer maybe.. dunno really. We were going to Turkey when I was 12 weeks and not due for a dating scan until we came back so we wanted to have a scan before so we knew that we were probably ok.

Re heartburn it took me a while to realise what it was too, as I'd never had it before! I got it about the same time as the sickness, so I'd feel sick all the time but that was helped a bit by eating, and then I'd get nasty heartburn from eating. Or not eating too. Just heartburn all the time! Gaviscon is my weapon of choice. I have to have it on me all the time as the burn has never gone away!

Looby I'm craving a Lakeland! I'm going on a baking mission tomorrow to make some cupcakes for Saturday, but the nearest Lakeland is Bath and I can't be arsed going all the way over there.
  • Morning Ladies

Kels I can't believe how fast Ben is growing, must be mad looking at the tiny clothes that he used to fit in.

Wibble how long is the healing process? I hope its not too much longerimage

Chic sorry you are having a bad week hun *hugs* I hope your run goes well and I already have my fc for the 20th image

Blue_xStarx good luck with ttc no 2. Your testing date is around the same time as mine image

Squeezed I will msg you in a mo, eeeek exciting! image I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about the job. I wouldn't want my parents to be disappearing off, especially if I was about to have a baby. There is always the chance they won't go after thinking everything through.

Sue good luck with the docs image

Looby booo to work. I'm quite fancying going shopping now :lol: Will have to wait as I don't have the car today.

Hi to everyone else *waves like a mad woman*

Well got my second peak as predicted, I seem to want it more this cycle, not sure whats different. I know its down to luck but in the back of my mind I keep telling myself we have given ourselves every chance this time, well after I jump on hubs tonight that is :lol: Ho hum, we will see in 11 days!

xx
  • MrsM - if you don't mind doing my BA too that'd be great, I'll message you my number can you send me your's. If you don't mind can you post on the fb group too?

How did the marble cake turn out? I really fancied some the other day but couldn't be bothered to leave the flat to go and get some.

Vickster - rant away any time. I think I'd feel just the same as you, I'd want to know where we stood and what's next etc, but frustrated that I couldn't do anything about it. I hope he stops doing ostritch impressions very soon.

I'm glad you had a good weekend away despite everything.

Chic - glad you're feeling less full of cold, hope the run went ok. It's prefectly understandable to be having a bad week, all the anniversaries are hard, be it in weeks months or years.

I found myself having a little cry thinking about my brother this morning, he died 6 years ago (well it will be in 32 days, the day our little boys due). I've started wondering if he'll turn up on his due date, my mum has said she knows it's an unreasonable thing to ask or even say but she really hopes he doesn't turn up that day.

Hope everything goes smoothly for your friend and her twins.

welcome blue - I hope your ttc stay's a short one, though that doesn't mean you stay has to be a short one.

squeezed - I think I'd probably feel the same in that situation, I have times where I find it hard enough that my family are going to be 400 miles away when this little one arrives.

How did you feel when you got to the 10th, it's just dawned on me that this little man's due a month tomorrow image . I'm really not doign a good job of telling myself he could be two weeks late am I?

I'm currently avoiding lakeland, i've been told that just because we have huge kitchen with tonnes of cupboard space I'm not allowed to fill it as we'll be moving next year and the chances are the kitchen will be much smaller. At the mintue it looks a bit odd though we have things like one cupboard that has a single solitary packet of biscuits in

Sue - I spent the first few weeks worrying because I had no symptoms that couldn't be explained by the cold I also had. Here they do a scan at the booking appointment and I had an early booking appointment because of the pataus stuff, so I was 8 weeks and 3 days it was great seeing his little heart beating away

The heating engineer came last night, he apologised for not comig sooner, but it was gone 9pm last night that our landlord contacted him from new zealand. He also ignored his boss and took apart the pump on the boiler to fix it there and then using bits from one he had in his van. His boss told him it would take ages and he should just replace the pump another day but he didn't want to leave us without heating or a hot shower and being a friend of our landlord knew he wouldn't mind either way.

I'm not sure if I said yesterday, but hubs heard back from the job interview, as predicted he isn't their first choice candidate but if their first choice declines the offer he will be back in play. They also told him he did everything right and if he'd come up against anyone else he would most probably have come out on top. So we're now back to waiting for the first choice candidate to make his mind up. I had hoped by now we'd know where our little man would be spending the first years of his life, but I guess we'll keep waiting.
  • Clalee I'd love to do your BA too, can certainly do fb updates as well image I have messaged you my number hun. The marble cake is really yum, rather pleased with myself I have to say. The top of it was a little burnt :lol: The waiting to hear about the job must be driving you mad now. I hope the first choice makes his mind up quickly so you know where you are.

xx
  • thanks MrsM - your numbers in my phone ready and waiting.

Can I ask where you got your marble cake recipe from? I may have to give it a try.
  • I used this one:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5557/chocolate-marble-cake

It was pretty easy to do, easier than I thought it would be. Hubs has eaten more than half, in fact I think there are only 2 slices left. Nothing lasts long in our house :lol:

xx
  • I was really busy on the 10th so only briefly thought about it clalee! The house was still in box chaos. Glad your boiler's sorted, that would be flipping rubbish to have to put up with for ages.

Our last kitchen was a nightmare galley one, with reaaaaally shallow cupboards and worktops. Now it's big and open plan but there isn't a lot of cupboard space or worktop space but it's much more manageable. One day I'll have a massive kitchen!

I can understand your due date being a difficult birthday, it would always be a bittersweet day.

We got our cot back today and set it up! It's between the wall and bed, as it's a bedside one, and looks great, but means I'll have to get in and out of the end of the bed which will be awkward until bump turns into baby!
  • Hey all,

Well went to the doctors.....bit of a waste of time (and money!!). GPs don't have anything to do with pregnancy over here and just give u a list of midwives to choose from and the number for a scan place and another one to get blood tests done! I have to book them all myself!

On the plus side I can have an early scan whenever I want since I'm paying for it! She said try and wait another week till I'm about 7 as there will be more to see. :roll:

She didn't even do a test!

She said they don't do hcg tests as they are a waste of time, I should be taking iodine, and be wary that if I go into prem labour over here before we go home it'll cost hundreds of thousands of pounds!!! image

So next step is to call about bloods and book a scan for next week or the week after.

Feel a bit disappointed actually. Don't know what I thought she'd do but all she was concerned about was how much it was going to cost and whether we'd get some for free. I know we'll have to pay and that's fine I'd rather talk about what to do and when.

Anyway, rant over.

Miss catching up with u guys more often!

Bump and baby pics please ladies!! image
  • Oh that's a shame it was so crap sue! It's the guidance you need more than anything. Perhaps if you're able to find a book that's UK specific you can sort of follow the guidelines. The in depth stuff, other than 20 wk anomaly scan, kicks off at 28 weeks with extra bloods and a speeding up of appts, so perhaps if you're back for then? That's about 6 months preggo I think. Does your travel insurance cover you for pg complications like prem labour?.

Will do a bump pic as soon as I have something to take it on! Camera won't upload for some reason, and we're still mobile-less.
  • MrsM - I was hoping it'd be that one I've bene eyeing it for a while. I have a good food subscription and have for a few years, though I've got so many now I really need to sort through them properly it's now easier to find a recipe online then look up which mag it's in.

Squeezed - good luck with the cot where it is, I find it hard enough getting in and out of bed as it is, though I'm still thinking of at least temporarily moving the moses basket into our room and working out what to do with the bedside cupboards seeing if we need to move the bed over slightly and things before bubs arrives. It'll probably go back into the baby's room/dumping ground till he arrives.

Sue - other than the doctors here write to the midwifes for you and sort the next step they don't actually do anything else.

I did actually take a new bump pic on monday but it's on my old phone, (hubs decided I needed a new one when we set up a monthly contract for me so I coulnd't be out of credit when i went into labour, and my phone couldn't have frozen like it kept doing). This camera should be better so I might take one this monday or maybe wait a week for a 37 week term bump pic.
  • Hi ladies ,

Thanks for the welcome.

Your right this thread realy does move fast!!

For those with heartburn I alsos found peppermint tea in the morning made the gaviscon work better in the evening - I have no idea why but heartburns horrible and anythings worth a try.

Mrs M87 - are you having any sympotms yet?? Im having nothing at all so think AF will get me before testing date but hey ho never mind.

Can I ask , not ttc related, does anyone have any experiance of toddler terible twos? are they real and how long do they last. My DS has turne into a demon child, from Sooo loving one min to throwing thomas the tank across the room in temper the nexts , we are doing naughty corner and its having some effect but what the heck do you do in public????? :? xxx
  • Hellooooooooo image

Squeezed yay for getting the cot back, hope its not too difficult getting out of bed. If it is stay there all day :lol:

Sue eeep at the cost of it all. Are you thinking of coming back earlier than planned now? (sorry if you have already said)

Clalee I have quite a few of the good food books but I never looked to see if that was in there, I just looked online.

Blue I have only just ov'd (well I hope) so nothing for me yet. I can't help with the toddler I am afraid.

Rachey just got my parcel, thank you very much image I couldn't resist 1 choccie. The rest are saved as celebration/commiseration choccies though! I'm hoping the tests will bring me some luck image

Well as for me, I was lying in bed thinking last night and I am wondering, has anyone ever got their peak but then ov'd at a different time? Random I know but I started temping again a few days ago and haven't had the rise I was expecting this morning. I did wonder whether it was because I had already been woken up twice and it was freeeeeeezing in our house. My peaks were spot on last cycle so I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be right this time, its all because the stick looked different and I seem to be slightly paranoid :lol:

xx
  • Hello, I am doing my best not to leave you ladies again!

Can you update my EDD to 31st jan please and we are team yellow! xxxxx
  • Hey girls

I am slapping my hands for not getting on here more. It is so hard at work and just easier to jump on to FB and speak with you.

Anways I know I have already said congratulations on FB but congrats again to Wifey, littlest Monkey and to BusyLizzy on the arrivals of the new bubbas and to Sue on your little stowaway.

Squeezed and Clalee eek cant believe you are around the corner. Then its the december girls then me, Eekk. Sounds close when you look at it like that.

Sue cant believe you have to pay that amount of money out. That is ridiculous and then to turn round and say that cant do anything is ridiculous so they just got paid $88 to say go somewhere else when they could of told you that over the phone!

MrsM can you please send me some marble cake! Mmm marble cake.

Bluestar welcome.

Hello to everyone else.

Well whats new with us. Baby is moving lots and has a bit of a pattern to its movements. Sometimes it hurts a little when it prods me or is lying in a funny position. We are starting the nursery tomorrow or more like clearing our spare room and finding a new home for everything so yaay to that. Also I think we have picked our boys and girls name. They arent set in stone but it has taken about 4 months to agree on these. We had a girls name picked from 6 weeks. After our private scan we were walking in Brighton Marina and saw the name on a boat at the same time and agreed we liked it and it has kind of stuck. We finally added on a middle name. And we have also picked a boys name. I liked one for ages but Charlie wasnt keen but earlier in the week I said what could be the longer name for it and he said he said that at the beginning but I said no, so we have agreed on that on the birth certificate but we would call it the name I like as a nickname. But we will have to see which name gets used and I cant divulge that information for about another 12 weeks! xx
  • CW - can't believe u have names and your not telling!! image

Any other ladies got names they want to share?? Love name chat!

Just looked up scan costs, $140 each which is about ??70!! Ahhhh!! Don't think out insurance covers it but it said something about covering costs incurred before 12 weeks before due date - that make sense?

Not decided when we'll come home yet, just want to make sure everything is ok before we make decisions. Mum and dad are coming out for Xmas and pretty sure mum will want me on a plane home with her!!

Other news, we found a flat!! It's till the end of Jan so sorted for 3 and a bit months for now so that's ace, move in next Saturday.
  • Flo - I can't decide if I'm setting myself up for a fall, but I'm not in the least bit worried about labour. I know it'll be hard work and it'll probably be the worst pain I've ever felt, but strangely that doesn't bother me.

I'm more worried about life afterwards, I'm still not overly happy with having a houseful a week after he arrives. If I'm still struggling with bf'ing having my in-laws sitting around isn't going to help. I don't really care about my family if they feel uncomfortable that's up to them to move and know they would, I think my in-laws would expect me to move elsewhere and we don't have seats that will be comfortable for a long period of time anywhere but the living room. I'm still trying to get hubs to read the book on bf'ing in the hope he'll be more support and will help out in that respect. At the minute he wants me to try but is happy to go and buy formula at the first sign of struggling, and he's not sure about me feeding in front of other people as it is, but then I think he thinks I'll be fully exposed. I on the other hand would feel very very guilty about giving up. Ah well not much I can do about it, I'm sure it'll all be fine.

Hope swimming goes well.

Sue - good news about the flat.

I've probably missed lots but my memories failed and I'm going to have to go food shopping now. Hope everyone's ok
  • Clalee- he sounds like a lovely guy your heating engineer- glad you're back in the warm- it's far too cold at the mo to have no heating!

Sue- sounds like a very disappointing trip to the doctors. image hope your scan will make up for it! Have you had any more thoughts about when to book for?

Mrsm- glad your package arrived safely. Hopefully the chocs will be celebratory ones! Can't help with the peak being off I'm afraid - I think mine were generally fairly spot on.

Hi carley! Hope all's well with you.

Flo- have fun swimming! We're off swimming later now I've had my legs waxed and can show them to the world!

Cw- yay for choosing names! Can't wait to hear what you've picked!

As for names, hubby really wants Isabella, which I do like but prefer isobelle. Also absolutely love Freya. Either way, second name will be Gracie or grace after my nan (depending on the first name). Boys are much more difficult. Second name will probably be phillip after hubby (family tradition). First name at the mo we're liking Oscar. There ate a few others too but still have a while before we have to make the final decision!

Went to Southampton last night for a friend's 30th so told them our news which was fun! Not so fun was that I was sick again when we got home. image it's weird as I wasn't really sick until the last couple of weeks, but since then it's almost every other day. Thought ms was supposed to be going around this stage, not starting! Oh well, I really can't complain and it will be more than worth it, I'm

Just a wimp about being sick! image

X x
  • Nice names Rach. Hope the sickness goes away soon.

Just been on eBay to buy a cb digital cause they don't sell them in NZ!! I'm a bit gutted, really wanted to see the words and weeks. Have asked if they'd post here so fingers crossed they say yes.

Just home from the pub watching nz beat Australia! Was a great game - even if I was sober!

Did any of u lose your appetite in the first few weeks? I'm having to force food down and my usual favourites are turning my stomach. I'm a fussy eater anyway but I love Brie, mussels, wine.......all the things I'm not allowed!!
  • CW it'll creep up really fast. Once 30 weeks is out the way it just speeds up! It'll be Christmas before you know it and then it'll be your turn.

Ouch on the scan costs sue! It'll be worth contacting about your insurance to see if it covers routine stuff as you've got pregnant abroad, or whether it's just complications.

Liking all your names rachey, I love the name Oscar but there were loads of them in the area we were living in so we discounted it for a boy.

clalee I'd so kick off if my inlaws were expecting to come and stay so soon after the birth! Oh's dad and step-mum are coming over for Christmas from Portugal but are staying with my sil. That's about as close as I'll be able to have them for any length of time!

Flo it sounds like Charlie's doing really well! He's going to be massive when he's all grown up isn't he! Mum's said she's not going to think about Bermuda until they know if he's offered the job. Then I think she'd go, but it'd take a year to sort out the house and sell so there would be loads of time to think about things anyway.

Blue, good tip about peppermint tea. I'm going to give it a go! I'm sure my daily morning coffee doesn't help..

Went to look around the midwife led birth suite at Southmead today. It's a dept within the delivery area of the main hospital, it's got no beds in the rooms to promote active labour and has lots of mats and balls and things for propping yourself up. The birth pool looked amazing and they said it's not often used, as it always seems to be free when they do tours! In contrast we then went to see the main delivery rooms, which were frigging horrible! It's just so hospitally. Leads and machines everywhere, narrow and uncomfortable looking hospital bed and just not much space to move around. It so reinforced the fact I really don't want to give birth in a hospital! We're going to look at St Michael's on Weds, where I hear the rooms are bigger, but there's no midwife-led unit so it'll still be standard hospital stuff.