Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

KWA Part 16 - The return of "I want a BFP before Xmas"

Replies

• FLIP. 17 DAYS!
  • wahoooo bump pics image clalee we need one from u before u pop as well image

lib :lol: at ur hubs and the teddies image

sue - hope all goes well tomorrow, will be thinking of u

vickster - so glad u have been refered image

squeezed - 17 days!! OMG!!!! lol

Mrsm - any sign of af?

xxx
  • Sue- hope all goes well tomorrow. Looking forward to your update!

Mrsm- hope hubby's being better now and you've made up! image hope af stays away too!

Looby- good to see you. I can't imagine how tough edds etc must be. Hope you're doing ok now though and I'm glad baby's moving around a bit more. image I can't wait til I can feel that!

Squeezed- how lovely of your friend to throw you a surprise baby shower- really sweet. Glad you have made a decision about hospitals too- def sounds like the better option of the 2.

Had my 16 week midwife appointment this morning (although I'm not 16 weeks til Friday). Appt was at 9.20am but midwife was already running nearly half hour late- by the time we came out there were 3 ladies waiting to see her!! All seems good anyway- she found heartbeat straight away which was 165-168ish, bp was up a bit at 120/70 but still ok and all blood tests, urine sample etc seem ok too so good news! image next appointment is our scan now, although we still have over a month until that. image weird though!

X x
  • image We have a 13mm blob with a heartbeat!! image

Was so amazing! Baby even wriggled when she was trying to measure it!

Just really hope he/she stays put and keeps in growing. Hubby is on cloud nine its so lovely, both can't stop smiling!
  • Sue thats great news! I bet you're relieved now. Did you get a picture?

Rachey, it wont be long til you can start feeling those initial flutters. By that heartbeat measurement, i'd say you were having a boy.

Squeezedd, I can't believe you're due in 16 days!

Well its horrible and damp here today, and the decorators are glossing at work, so I expect another day of headaches due to the smell :evil: x
  • Worth every penny Sue, so glad you got that little blippy heartbeat! Will you book another scan for 12 weeks now?

The old wives' tale dictates that must be a girl rachey, with a heartbeat like that. Mind you, this one's 14wk was 140 and is now 120 so it's really probably not that accurate ha!

Lib can you be moved or work from home? Most unfair to expect you to sit there inhaling fumes all day.

38wk appt this morning was alright. Baby is no more engaged than she was at 32 weeks, the lazy mare, and she's still back to back. Bp fine, heartbeat fine, wee test fine, blood tests all back fine.. next appt at 40+1. They get you in for monitoring at 10 days overdue, then induce at 12 days or if you refuse induction they get you in every day for monitoring beyond the 12 days. Hoping it won't come to that, but expecting it to!
  • Squeezedd, I thought boys heartbeats were faster than girls? my little one has a heartbeat of around 142 bpm at the minute.

No, can't work from hope just yet as my normal laptop has gone in for repair, and this one isn't set up for networking to the office. The boss doesn't like it when people work from home either because he can't see them actually working. He is paranoid everyone is sacking it off when he's not in the office, so is constantly on the phone checking up on everyone!

Squeezedd, did the midwife tell you to do any specific exercises to get her engaged further?

I can't wait for this one to start engaging, then i'll be able to get my lungs back. I feel like i'm constantly having asthmatic symptoms because i'm short of breath, but obviously my inhaler is doing bugger all x
  • Morning Ladies

LiB you're making me all excited about Christmas now! Hope the paint fumes aren't too bad, go home if they are.

Squeezed how lovely of your friend to throw you a baby shower, glad you got some nice things image It must be nice to know which hospital you are going for. Good luck for your mw appt, 16 days now, eeeek. Won't leave my phone anywhere just in case!

Kels I hope Ben let you get some rest last night image

Rachey glad all was well at your appt. Fc the time until your scan doesn't drag.

Sue fabulous news hun. I posted on fb but my post disappeared, so pleased for you image

Well I had a bit of (tmi) blood streaked cm last night and while my temp hasn't dropped it also hasn't risen so I know she is on her way. Feeling gutted tbh but I know these things take time and I have to be patient. Its taken me ages to write this, hope I haven't missed too much!

xx
  • Looby - sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it, our little man has had a few quiet days I've told hubs so many times that he's beig quiet he has started to tell me you've said that before he's probably just tired after booting you so much for days. I still worry about everything too, even when all's going well I worry about pataus even now when the chances are so tiny. I hope she starts behaving herself and stopping worrying you.

vickster - hope the referral comes through quickly for you, even if it is a long journey I'll be chearing you on every step of the way.

LiB - I think we might start Christmas shoppig this weekend, or at least try to come up with ideas, it'd be much easier to do it now than with a little one in tow. You never know the walking might help him engage. I need to bring the car (and hubs) into town anyway I've got a couple of shelves full of textbooks I need to take home and i'm not carrying them on the train.

So cute of your hubs to have sorted out the nursery and put cuddly toys around.

MrsM - fc it's not Af on the way

squeezed - I can't wait to join you in baking land, though hubs thinks it should be lasagna and cottage pie land so we can stock teh freezer with meals for the early days. He's right but it's much less fun.

I'm glad the hospital tour went well, sounds like it's got the best of both worlds just in case you need/want them.

Brilliant about the uni too, sounds like you'll get backing and help from them when the time comes to be looking at phds and funding.

Our little boys heartbeat did the same at 16 weeks it was around 140 last week it was 122. It's weird to think you've had your 38 week appointment I've still got 9 days before mine and we're only 4 days apart. I'm hoping to find out the exact precedures here then too, if we don't find out at the class this afternoon.

kels - I promise a bump pic, I took on yesterday at 37 weeks exactly but I ended up phoning home rather than getting online before goign to aqua-natal. My parents have sent us a cheque to buy Master Lee a baby carrier of our choice (thinking if it comes to us we can use it as soon as we want rather than waiting for them to visit first), my mum's put extra on the cheque to spend on clothes for him too. Hopefully I'll be home early tonight after the ante-natal class and get online then to post it.

rachey - sounds like the midwife appointment went well. That alwasy good to hear, I bet you can't wait for the 20 week scan now.

sue - thats absolutely excellent

Well it's my last nate-natal class today (the one with hubs) and I only have three more days of getting up when the alarm goes off. The aqua-natal instructor gave me her number last night to contact her when bubs arrives. I'm beginning to feel that all our pre-bubs tasks will soon be done then we're really just in the waiting game, only 20 days till he's due probably a maximum of 14 extra, thats not that many now. Not long till our lives are turned upside down, life will never be the same again and I can't wait.
  • Lib I thought it was the other way around haha! It's probably me that's wrong though. Your boss sounds like a bit of a control freak! She said last time to spend some time crawling on all fours and leaning foward/bouncing on my ball. She said this time that it's good I'm so active, so I assume that means that helps. I might go swimming later, it's free swims for pregs but I haven't been in to sign up yet.

Ah MrsM I'd be prepared for the long haul if I were you ha! I'm sure this one'll be late, esp as she's not done anything new in the last 6 weeks. Rubbish about af, she could still stay away though. You can get a bit of breakthrough.. limbs crossed!

clalee I've been a couple of days ahead on appts since I moved up here. Now it's 2.5 weeks until my next one though, 2 weeks on Friday. Seems like a lifetime! She didn't say but from reading all the leaflets it looks like we get booked in for a sweep at the 40wk appt. Do you get a sweep then too?
  • Squeezed - not sure about the sweep yet apparently it's up to the midwife we see then, I did find out today they induce at 41+3 so 10th days over. So if he's not put in a showing by the 24th his time is up.
  • http://img3016.photobox.co.uk/16658152885349a772183f5d1b12a088ff3e62c24206ad2a32caeb1eb0ee189af62b97f9.jpg

Hopefully a 37 week bump piccy taken yesterday
  • ace bump! Has he engaged now? He looks quite low, whereas my lazy cow is still only 4/5. This is me today at 37+5. As with what I said on fb, forgive the fact I have yet to hang the mirror up, the cat's demanding attention and I've got loads of baby clothes to pack or put away! And the crap light level.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6156/6280814988_a5431cac63_z.jpg

• Clalee I hope you class went well image How nice of your mum to have sent a cheque for the carrier and some clothes for baby Lee.

Squeezed I hope your little madam turns herself round and starts to engage soon.

Lovely bump pics from you both image Its so interesting seeing the different shapes of them!

xx
  • Oh and Squeezed I love your outfit image (not to sound too stalkerish!)

xx
  • haha thanks! My friend's lost over 4 stone since Feb and sent it to me thinking it might be a good maternity dress as it's now too big for her. I've worn it loads!
  • Gorgeous bumps girls!! Just shows how every pregnancy is different even the bumps!

Wee (slightly personal) question - how much have your boobs grown? Mine are at breaking point already but wondering if I can hold off a bit longer!

Saw the All Blacks today! They were doing a procession through Wellington. Danny Carter is SO cute! image
  • Sue, mine went up a back size and cup size before I was 8 weeks pregnant, so the same is probably happening to you. They've not really gone much bigger, just fuller since.

Squeezedd and Clalee, lovely bumps, and so different too! They say you're all up front for a boy and carry wide & low for a girl, but if you use that i'd have said you both we're having the opposite sex to what you are!

• Wahoo, we've graduated to a pumpkin! although somehow I doubt I have a baby the size of a pumpkin in my tum as it doesn't look that big. x
  • Hey ladies

Hope you are all well. I am going to find it so much easier when I go on Mat leave to keep up with you on here! Only 7 weeks and 2 days to go then I can keep up daily instead of weekly!

Lib yay for the pumpkin we are a squash at the moment but I cant work out if thats the same as a butternut squash? Hope your little lady moves down soon so you can start to breath again.

Squeezed and Clalee said on FB but loving the bump pics.

Squeezed your next aren't you? How exciting. Are you all ready? How lovely your friend threw you a baby shower. I threw one for my friend last year, she was completely shocked to see us all standing on her landing!

Sue my boobs have stayed the same throughout. Maybe a little fuller but thats it! I was quite disappointed as that was one symptom I was looking forward to, having a nice set of boobs!

Clalee hope your last class went well . Not long for you either about 19 days now right? I cant wait until I dont have long left. Hope your last week is going well.

MrsM sorry about AF. Lets hope you get a Christmas pud!

RB glad mw went well. Sont understand why drs run late. My MW is pretty good with timing. But the drs are a nightmare. I remember having an appointment at 9.10 but he didn't get there until 9.20 so was running late before he begun!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, hi to everyone I have.

I have been well. 10 weeks today until EDD. Was at the hospital Friday as thought my waters were leaking or my cervix had opened but I knew all was going to be ok. Getting cramping some evenings or first thing in the morning that wakes me up but I am aware that it is littlen getting into place. I know baby is head down so I suppose that is a good start. We have started the nursery but then got a call from the estate agent to say someone wanted to view our flat. Typical I knew that was going to happen. The parents are buying for the daughter. The daughter loves out but the mother prefers the one round the corner. They are coming back for a second viewing at the weekend I think but we haven't stopped painting the nursery as we cant put it on hold just in case they might want it. They are aware it is being done though. The flats are pretty much the same. Only difference is the other one is empty and on the middle floor and ours is on the top floor, has the loft and a skylight in the kitchen. I know what I would go for and not just because it is ours! We wont move before baby is here now anyway even if they did want it. It will be easier if it went before I get my last pay check as as soon as I go on mat leave its going to affect the mortgage we can get. Oh well what will be will be.

Anyways hope you are all well and even though I dont have time to post, I am still reading! xx