Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Symptoms or just wishful thinking??

Hello everyone,

I have been taking a break from BE as I was getting so stressed out about TTC. I used to be on the CBFM thread but had stopped using that too as I was getting so tense about the whole thing. And so was Mr P so we decided to stop 'trying' for awhile, and just not try not to IYSWIM.

So the question of the day is...

For the last few days I have been having the weirdest symptoms. Now I am wondering if it's actual pregnancy symptoms or just wishful thinking and/or impending period.

Monday eve - a burning/cramping in my womb area. Never had it before, really weird and VERY painful.

Tuesday morning - weird pain continues with added back pain.

Wednesday - Churning feeling in my stomach, painful boobs, slight nausea. Very tired.

Thursday - Churning feeling continues, boobs are agony, back pain, slight nausea, dizziness. Met my friend for a glass of wine. Couldn't drink it as it made me feel ill. Very tired, had to sleep in the afternoon.

Friday - Churning feeling continues, boobs are agony, nausea increases (had two mouthfuls of a non-alcoholic beer and threw up). Ate an apple and it made me gag. Craving Laughing Cow Cheese - which I haven't had for years. Tired, slept in the afternoon again.

Today - Churning tummy and back pain. Nausea present constantly. Sore boobs, back ache, dizziness. Slept in after Mr P - unprecedented!

I haven't been charting so have no idea if/when I ovulated, but could I preggers. I am so worried I am just imagining it and my period will start. Booooo.

I know I need to test - any recommendations???

Just wanted to share with someone!

PP X

Replies

• All the symptoms do sound promising, when is af due? Have you considered doing a test?? You might be very pleasantly surprised. Hope all goes well for you. X
  • Definitely symptoms! Sounds positive. When is af due? Are u going to power. Fingers crossed for you x x
  • Oooh sounds promising! Got my fingers crossed for you!
  • Do a test!! Fingers crossed image
  • Hopefully it is but you never know till you test. Nice to see you back pp, hope you are well.

When I was pg this time I felt very 'strange' and almost as if my whole body temperature had increased. I too felt very weird after having a glass of wine. I'm not getting your hopes up - we know how easy it is to get our hopes raised and then dashed - but it's a possibility. Either that or you've caught a bug image

let us know xx
  • I would have to say the one that no one warned me about that has been most ANNOYING is not being able to wipe normal!
  • Sadly I got my period last night, with a vengence. Barely slept for the pain. So period combined with some kind of stomach bug.

Thanks for the support. I am sorry it wasn't good news. I am off to lick my wounds for a bit. So disappointed.

PP X
  • Aw pp so sorry AF got u Hun, it sounded so positive, but I know as well as many how annoyingly misleading our bodies can b.

Have everything crossed for BFP soon Hun x x
  • Oh PP I was beginning to think it might be good news too. Big hugs xxx
  • Hi Pozzee. Sorry to read that AF came- reading your post I thought it would be good news.

Have you found your break from BE has helped? I have tried the same but ended up back here feeling no different at all. xXx
  • Yes and no. Yes in that I feel like I have got my head together a bit more. I am much less stressed out by the whole TTC, that said I'm still not pregnant - so no in that sense.

Mr P and I are 'hibernating' as he calls it at the moment. The constant questions from friends and family whenever we see them means that we have just decided not to see anyone for a bit. It's just too hard. I know that won't win us any popularity prizes but frankly if they really are our friends they'll understand.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling different. That is annoying!!! How is the house going? Are there still stresses elsewhere as well?

PP X