Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Signs of ovulation - help please!

Hi all

I came off the pill on 26th September and had a normal period exactly as a 28 day cycle on 1st October which lasted 5 days.

I bought myself a CB ovulation test set of 7 tests and started testing on day 12 for 7 days and it was always negative each day. Then, 2 days after I stopped testing, I got a lot of clear, stretchy discharge and I've had constant pains of ovulation which are still going on now. So, was that discharge a sign of late ovulation and if so, when would I have been fertile? We BD'd last night for the first time and I'm wondering whether or not I would have been fertile. I'm due AF again on 29th October.

Thanks ladies

Gem x

Replies

• Hi,

Yes that discharge would be when you would have been ovulating. Generally your fertile window starts 5 days before that discharge up until the day after, so about 7 days.fingers crossed for you xx
  • Hi

I ovulate late for a short cycle, cd16-17 of 26 days. So i thought i wasnt ovulating on my first month of using opk's. I get ovulation pain and cramping one one side, also bloodstreaked ewcm the day of or before my positive on opk ( sorry tmi).

fc for you x
  • Hi all, I thought I was just going to come off the pill and let nature take It's course!!

I came off the pill 8 weeks ago and thought I was pregnant 2 weeks after cause had lots of symptoms, went to docs and she said it was my natural hormones kicking in and.AF came along last week but It was very light and it only lasted 2 days! do I still class it as a period and carry on ttc? was going to buy the OV kit but what a lot of money for just 7 days of testing!!

Anyway hope you're all well x
  • Hi Gem, going off what you said if you got the clear, stretchy discharge around CD21 you probably wasn't still fertile when you BD the other night, but as you don't know exactly when you ovulated, you never know!

Also don't be surprised if AF doesn't arrive on 29th october, if you ov'ed around CD21 then the latter part of your cycle after ovulation (luteal phase) can be 10-16days, so you might have a 31day+ cycle.

You might find you ovulate slightly earlier in your cycle next month as it settles down after coming off the pill, or you might just have cycles longer than the average 28days, so you may want to get more than a 7day kit.

To both you and carioke try ebay for OPKs as they are far cheaper than buying them from boots, superdrug etc.

Edited to also say good luck and babydust to you both x
  • Hi Ladies,

Can anyone suggest a good ovulation testing pack? was looking at the strips on Amazon but there are too many to choose from. lol

Getting myself too streesed trying to work out when I am ovulating image Came off Cerazette on Aug 7th had 1st AF 28days later, next AF was 29days and now she arrives today 24days.

So confused.

Any advice greatly appreciated, baby dust to u all xxxx
  • I used clearblue 7 tests. You might get more answers asking as a new thread rather than in this one.

Good luck x x