Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC in November

Hi ladies, thought I'd start a new thread off for those TTC this month image

I came off the pill at the end of September, had my withdraw bleed and now on CD1 (secretly hoped a little that I'd fall immediately but it wasn't to be) had a 31 day cycle (not bad after 16 years on the pill I thought).

Baby dust to all image

Mrs S xx

Replies

• Options
    hi mrsS can u help i have no idea what all these abreviations are and when ur ment to be most fertile after a period ect, ive never had to bother, ive always fell pregs straght away, but i got my implant out on 30th september and bled for a day then thought i was pregs as had sore boobs, cramps ect, but then period came on 27th oct- 30th, so now on to this month lol
  • Options
    Hi lisabbyuk, if you click on this link it will help with abbreviations, very useful!!

http://www.babyexpert.com/community/forums/thread/1000317

You can do various things to know when you are ovulating, I'm currently charting my basal body temp - http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/bbt/bbtfaq.html and charting when I have an LH surge - http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/ovulation-tests/ovulation-tests.htm using an OPK. It's all new to me too so I only know what I have been researching image x
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I was going to buy an ov testing kit after my next AF (if I get one!) because the last one was very light and only lasted 2 days so not even sure if I am ovulating! If I am then now is the time to TTC but hubby is so tired with working this week not much BD is going on!! image
  • Options
    I used my OPK last month but don't think I ovulated after coming off the pill. Gonna track it this month and keep FC! You'll just have to pounce on hubby :-P x
  • Options
    ha ha! I think you're right!!

FC for you xx
  • Options
    Hiya Ladies,

I'm all new here too image Got myself a CBFM but secretly hoping that I won't need to use it! I too came off the pill at the end of August. Normal AF then went 31 days - was very excited! However, next AF was only after 19 days. Hoping that all the stuff I've read about the 3rd month being hte lucky month is true! FC to you all xxx
  • Options
    FC for you Kat!! It's all very exciting but I'm becoming really impatient already, lol, I'm hopeless! xx
  • Options
    and to you MrsS! I'm really excited too but yeah the impatience is kicking in :S trying desperately to work out all these charts and things, and taking my temperature when i wake up is still something i am trying to remember to do, lol x
  • Options
    Hi, I am using opks , came oill last month amd had withdrawal bleed but don't think I ovulated. Had first real af and got my smiley face on opk yesterday so will try again tonight and keep fingers crossed.

Is this first , second or more babysleep for all you ladies? I ammo ttc number 2 I have one ds who is 2 x x
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I'm ttc no 2 also, I have a son who is nearly 8 and have just decided at the age of 39 it's now or never!!

Not bought opk yet as have only had one AF since coming off the pill 9 weeks ago so not even sure about my cycle; I'm hoping nature will just take it's course!

trying not to get impatient but it's hard not to isn't it?

good luck to you all xx
  • Options
    Hello ladies and welcome!

We are trying for Robinson number 1. We only got married in July and just couldn't wait to get started! I think my cycle is now normal after coming off the pill in August but still waiting for AF to use my CBFM. Think i'm ovulating at the mo so FC I won't need to use it! I am the most impatient person ever carioke, and considering I'm a primary school teacher, that's not a good thing. Does make it harder though, working with children every day xx
  • Options
    Boo, missed it for this month! ALthough no AF yet, OH has been ill and, according to my chart, missed the peak days so probably too late. Look like I get to use my CBFM after all! FC for everyone else xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

Please may I join you. We are TTC no.2 (have DD who is 2). Came off the pill in mid Sept and had a day of bleeding (if that) on Oct 21st (nearly 6 weeks after stopping pill).

Have got some OV sticks so thought I'd give them a go as had no idea whether Oct 21st was AF or my body sorting itself out. Got 2 dark lines on Fri so have BD'd twice (sorry TMI) and keeping fingers firmly crossed!!! image

Did OV test yest (Sat) and no line so can you OV that quickly - have a strong line one day and have nothing the next day??? Sorry for ignorance.

If that was my period on Oct 21st then think I'd be due next AF on Nov 18th (was always 28 days before) but also know my body is still gettiing used to being off pill so will keep fingers firmly crossed but try not to be too disappointed if it doesn't happen THIS month.

Good luck to you all

xxx
  • Options
    Hi KatRob, I work with children also at a pre-school and I keep thinking maybe 1 day I'll have a little girl!! the unknown is scary. how exciting though ttc baby no 1, my DS was a wonderful accident so not been through this before!

Hi pomki, not sure about the ov testing as never done it before but just keep BD and enjoying the journey!!

good luck ladies xx
  • Options
    I'm using the OPK's as I have no idea what my body is doing after so long on the pill! I don't think I OV'd last month after my withdraw bleed but after CD31 had a real AF and now on CD6, going to start testing on CD12 and keep FC and everything else crossed image

It's all very exciting though! Bring on luck November month!!! xx
  • Options
    I found a free charting website (www.fertilityfriend.com)so been avidly (SP?) taking my temperature and record data daily. this is my 3rd month off the pill and my cycle seems to be normal again and I OVed whilst OH was ill last week image I'll be trying again at the end of the month though - whether he's ill or not!
  • Options
    Hi , I found the fertility friend website too! Will start charting next month, or maybe not if lady luck is shining!

Dh ill too, bd on ovulation day but only once and not after it so not hopeful! Am feeling rough myself today. All sneezy but sadly symptom free. Am feeling miserable today abt the whole ttc process. Please slap me ! ! X x
  • Options
    consider yourself slapped! lol image xx
  • Options
    Thank you katrob, needed that . X x
  • Options
    Hi ladies, can I join you please?

We are ttc no. 2, we have a 6 yr old DS already...but after 2 years of trying and 3 losses (2 mcs and 1 ectopic) we decided a rest was needed. This month is our 3rd year of ttc so was originally planning to ttc feb / march but think ive already gotten the bug and we have bd twice so far and planning to bd again tonight. im cd15 today but dont think i will ov until cd16-18 so fc.

I was diagnosed with pcos after the ectopic but hoping we can do this naturally otherwise off to the docs i will go :?