Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not doing any analysing

Just wondering if anyone has got their bfp by just bd'ing every three days until af? I don't have any of the ovulation kit and don't think I could stick to taking temperature as required and think if I look into it all I will get obsessed so don't want to do that so just thought we would try every three days at least and see what happens....any advice?x

Replies

• Havent got my BFP yet but i don't have any ovulation kits- if i did then i know i'd obsess and stress myself out lol.. DH and i BD every day so that's our method lol xx
  • that sounds like a good method sophie!!

I'm same; not bothered with ov kits as don't want to get stressed about it or obsessed. I've never been through this before as my DS was a wonderful accident so this is all new to me(age 39). it certainly takes over your everyday life emotionally and physically!!

hope you're both well xx
  • Unfortunately Im on the other end of the scale apricot and am now obsessed lol!!
  • This is the approach we have taken, we started TTC in August and got our BFP last week! I know it doesn't work for everyone but we decided to atleast start TTC like this and then start using ovulation kits etc further down the line. We didn't want to put too much pressure on ourselves or get too obsessed with TTC and it has worked for us x
  • congratulations gerdy 78, that's great news.

my husband has the attitude "if it happens, it happens" but I want a BFP now! lol

so did you end up using the opk? xx
  • Thanks Gerdy that is encouraging so we will continue and as you say revert to other methods after about 6 months if it doesnt work out.x
  • I don't use OPKs or chart my temperature but I did install an app on my phone which shows you the most fertile days! We also used ConceivePlus which was hilariously messy! Currently 8dpo, so will report back in a week or so!! xx
  • Thanks! It can be so hard to be patient! We didn't use opk as we were lucky enough to get our BFP third month of TTC. I found it helpful to try and make lots of plans to try and not obsess about it too much. It is tricky though, especially when it seems that everyone walking down the street or in the supermarket has a baby bump!!!

Lots of luck to you all image