Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Why did i have to look?!?!

Ahhh so mad at myself!!

Just been catching up on a few threads and one thing was playing on my mind that a HPT took 7-8mins to show as BFP for one lady.... and dont think i've ever been patient enough to wait that long!

So its Tuesday.. and i had to go and look at the test i did on SATURDAY morning didnt i (only in the bathroom bin i didnt chase after the bin men) and there is a definate pink line...

Please can you all remind me that the chances of this being a BFP are ridiculously small and it is probably 99% an evaporation line... would an actual BFP even still be showing after this long?

I am mad that i wasnt patient enough in the first place, and mad that i couldnt resist the temptation to look again.. and also mad that that was the last test in the cupboard!!!

Hubby is working late tonight so he cant tell me im insane!

Replies

• Ok perhaps u shouldn't have looked but def poas stick.in morn. Always hope if af hasn't arrived. Fingers crossed and baby dust x
  • Hey mrsb,

Did you pick up a test today and try again? I've also checked tests again days later but never had a line appear. You may well be going mad but worth checking!
  • Aw Hun I know how tempting it is and I once did exactly the same thing last yr and there was a second line after a day or so it was.... But Ian afraid mine wasn't a BFP story as i did another test the next day and was BFN and I wasn't pg.

I hope urs is a BFP story Hun but thought I best share my story to show the other side and the reason they say not too read the test after the times up.

I do hope urs is a lucky BFP x x x
  • Fingers crossed for u hun and looking for ur hopefully bfp update x x
  • BlueStar your reply made me giggle...ive been following your other thread and really hope everything is okay for you...

Faye - thank you for being my sensible voice.. i did listen and thats why its taken me this long to re-test...

Dudders - exactly what i though i can hardly ever resist but never actually had anything appear before...

So i couldnt wait until tomorrow morning.. run in from work today after picking up the extra tests and - i think im pregnant!! i am in total shock and not sure i believe it.. wish i'd got a clear blue instead of supermarket own but there are two pink lines!!!! image
  • ahh congrats hun. you cant get a false positive image

Hope you have a H&H 9 months xx
  • Excellent news MrsB I so hope for you it is. I've done the same as you before & I'm sure lots of others have done the same... Us women really torture ourselves but hopefully it's paid off for you this time!! X
  • Congratulations! I am so pleased for you, bet ur glad u looked now! I am terrible at min, keeping used tests and analysing if the lines are getting darker daily! Stop the madness! Lol any tips? Did u do anything diff and when's ur due date? X x
  • Congratulations xxx

Did you do anything different this month?

wishing you a h&h 9 months x
  • Thanks so much ladies.. hubby couldnt believe it either so went to get a clear blue.. it says pregnant 2-3weeks... last af was 18th October image

As for doing things differently ive been so busy at work and trying to finish uni work (went back part time 2 yrs ago - thankfully i finish in december!) that this is the first month we stopped trying.. i havent temp'd just taken folic acid and think we even only bd'd twice... which just makes this even more hard to believe after 6mths of bd'ing at least every other day!!

So i know its the hardest thing to do when we all want that BFP so badly but relaxing about getting it actually seems to work!

Thanks for ur support... keep ur fingers crossed for me and i'll send lots of 'relaxed' babydust to you all xxxxx
  • Congratulations, fabulous news!!

S

• Mrs b I'd my bfp is a sticky one I think we will he due around same day _ 26th 27th July as my plot was 19th Oct. Hopefully ills see u in dij x x
  • That's brilliant news hun

Congratulations x x x
  • Ah that's lovely news! Congrats and I hope you have a H&H 9 months image xx
  • Ah congratulations hun xxxxxx