Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HCG levels - normal

Hi can anyone advise.

I beleive I am about 5 +3 at the moment. Prior to BFP I had some serious bleeding which I thought was AF early. Something made me test and it was BFP. since then I bled on and off for about a week. bout 4 days ago the bleeding stopped and I am still getting strong BFP. Doctor says I most likely am still pg and fine but my q is if it is and early loss how long would HCG show as BFP for.

Reason I ask is I did another test today and BFP is still there and strong , but doesnt seem as strong as it was , althugh it is a diff brand of test.

Thanks I am kind of in limbo at the moment. One min I believe everythings fine and the next I feel its too late! doctor wont scan me until next week at earliest if I still have a BFP.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi, I think you have a really good chance that everything is ok, I think if you had mc'd then the pregnancy hormone would go pretty quick with you not being very far in your pregnancy. I can understand you dr bot scanning you at this stage but I would go back and demand a blood test, thy can then repeat it in a few days time to see if your hormone is increasing. Good luck Hun, I will keep everytime crossed that all is ok.

Emma xx