Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else due to test on or around Christmas Eve?

I should ovulate in the next few days and think my testing day is Cjristmas Eve. But then I thought even if I get a BFN (which is probably more likely the case), should I still limit the number of alcoholic drinks I have on Christmas day? On a typical Christmas day I will probably have Bucksfizz with my breakfast in the morning and then wine throughout the day and probably a bailleys in he evening. There is no way I would let a drop pass my lips if I was pregnant though.

Anyon else due to test around the same time? What would you do?

Replies

• Hi brandnewwifey AF is due for me Christmas Eve too but not expecting a BFP as I'm on CD12 and we've been so busy that haven't even managed to bd yet image If I test on Christmas Eve and its a BFN I'll be drinking on Christmas Day because it will be 14dpo and if it doesn't show up by then I think its pretty certain that I'm not pregnant.

I'm also temping so I always see a big temp drop before AF shows up so that should give me a good idea too. Good luck it would be the best Christmas pressie ever!!!! x
  • Thanks Loopy!! I know it would be the best Christmas ever wouldn't it?!

The last thing I want to do is not have a drink on Christmas day only to get the dreaded AF on boxing day. That would be too cruel :cry:

Don't worry about not dtd yet. There's still plenty of time image

Good luck for your DH's appointment on Thursday. I hope everything comes back ok for you x
  • HI im due to test the 23rd so if i get a bfn then and on the 24th im drinking to as I know I will be out x fc for the xmas BFP x
  • Thanks brandnewwifey FC we both get an extra special Christmas present this year.

I'm looking forward to the doctor's appointment tomorrow but also very nervous to hear what they have to say, thinking the worst as always!

Well we managed to dtd last night so we've made a start image I've had really bad nausea for the last couple of days, I'm fed up of people asking if I'm pregnant when I know its a physical impossibility because of what day of the month I'm on, chance would be a fine thing lol! x
  • Hi ladies, AF due 23rd so will test xmas eve/day! how exciting!! if a BFN will defo drown my sorrows with alcohol.
  • Wifey and Carioke, you have both convinced me now that if I get a BFN on Christmas Eve then I will definitely be reaching for a sizeable glass of the good stuff! I have my FC that you both get your BFP in time for Christmas.

Loopy I can't believe that your appointment has finally come round. I will be thinking of you tommorow and hope you get the result you want. Hopefully it will be another step towards you getting your BFP. Here's hoping that 2012 is the year you get you BFP xx
  • Thanks brandnewwifey I'll be glad to go now, work is rubbish too with my nightmare of a boss just feel like I've got too much on my plate at the moment. x
  • As my af finished a few days ago and my cycle was only 21 days last month we are going to bd from yesterday incase I ovulate early again, I completely missed it last month - I think I will be testing around Christmas too and will have a glass of champers to celebrate if get a bfp but no more than that. I was 7 months pregnant last Christmas so just had one glass of champagne and didn't miss my red wine at all as happy healthy baby was kicking away is better than any drink.x
  • FC for us all girls xxx
  • Hi girls,

I have quite long cycles and use opks to predict ovulation. I think I'm due to ovulate in the next few days so I will be testing over the Christmas period.

Fingers crossed we all get that extra special present!!!
  • Hey girls, if my cycle is the same as last month AF is due Boxing Day, think I'll probs do a hpk on Christmas morning and if nothing still have a few drinkies image It would be rude not to :-P x
  • hi ladies, how are you all? I think all our OV dates must be over now and It's just a waiting game til AF turns up xmas eve/day or BFP. good luck everyone and FC xx
  • Hi ladies, how many dpo are we all? I think I'm 2dpo today FF should confirm tomorrow. I've ov'd slightly later than normal so AF is due on Boxing Day. I think I might do a test on Christmas Eve in the morning just incase as we're going out for a drink with family in the afternoon x
  • Hi loopy013, I think I ov'd 1 week ago as got faint lines on both days on my cheapie sticks so it must have meant something! also going by the 33 day cycle I had last month.

how are things going for you?xx
  • Hi carioke things are ok with me thanks. I don't know if you've read any of my other posts but DH has issues with his swimmers so we're currently waiting for his 3rd SA. It looks like we're going to need fertility treatment so not holding out much hope of a Christmas BFP but we're trying just in case. Keeping my FC for you hun are you all ready for Christmas I am nearly there with the present buying but I haven't written my cards yet lol x
  • thankyou! only symptons I have is sore boobs but had that last month aswell!

I'm getting there with xmas thanks! It's such a busy tiring time.

FC for you too, hope things go well for you xx
  • Thanks carioke I'm getting there too just a couple of more things to get and lots of wrapping to do, I made a start on it last night x