Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

totally confused!!

hi ladies,this is the first month I've used the ov testing sticks, I read the instructions and decided to test starting this week based on last months 33 day cycle. tues 6th dec I got no line that day, tested again the day after and got a line but it was faint so took that as a negative. when I tested yesterday I got an even fainter line and today I got no line at all!! what happened to my strong positive line??

has this happened to anyone else? :?

Replies

• Did you take the test during the day and after not emptying your bladder for about 4 hours? If so I have no idea why it did this with you - hope someone else has had that experience.x
  • Was it an internet cheapie? They never gave me a strong positive so had to spend loads on CBD ov sticks cos i could never make out if the lines were same colour. But month i got my BFP the ov sticks never picked up ov at all!!

sending you loads of babydust and get plenty of bding done just in case :lol: xxx
  • After reading the instructions I decided I would test at 6:30pm when I finished work knowing that I wouldn't have much liquid in me (don't get time for a drink at work!)I've just checked my dates and I even did a test on 2nd dec, CD 12 just to make sure I wasn't ovulating early and it was neg so I didn't test again til tues 6th, CD 16!
  • thanks for replying ladies. yes they were internet cheapies!!

good job we've been doing some BD this week!!xx
  • I'm so glad you started this thread! I've had exactly the same thing! I am really not sure what my cycle is, so I started testing last friday which was 10 days after my af began- and i've had a faint line on all but 2 days (on those two days there was no line at all.) It's not getting any stronger or weaker, i'm so confused!
  • I'm just disappointed because when I got the faint line I started to get excited because I expected to have a dark line the day after!!

Oh well, I'll just keep my FC For a BFP xmas day!

good luck for this month ladies xx
  • I never got a clear positive on the internet cheapie ones so I got some clear blue digital as well; so much easier and clearer! Although I never got a positive this month image I don't think its that unusual to miss ov on the odd month.
  • It's easy to miss ov when using ov sticks because u do them every 24 hours between those 24 hours u could have ovulated but not picked it up! Some people suggest testing twice a day to make sure to not to miss. Also some women don't ov every month.

Don't give up hope and keep bding!!!

X x x
  • thanks for replying. I'm being a bit impatient as only came off the pill 1st sept, had AF 7 weeks later (very light and just 2 days) then had a proper AF 33 days later. so it's still early days.

I did get a faint line on CD 17 so maybe I did ov then, we'll see.xx
  • Hi Carioke

I know how you feel, we've had 4 cycles since we started TTC but it feels like forever....

I'm on my first month of using the sticks - and no positive line yet! My problem is my cycles vary from 32-48 days so I've been using the OPK sticks for over a week now, with no positive!! I feel it's got to come sooner or later???

Frustrating!!
  • Hi sportygirl, what are you using? I bought the cheapies so that I'd have enough to test the whole month because these CBD one from the shop are a fortune. I also bought the cheap PG tests so we'll see whether they work or not! good luck xx

Thanks for the advice floAnt, we did BD around those dates so FC xx