Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Experiences of coming off the pill

2»

Replies

• Options

I'm in the same boat...

im waiting for that second period.. my cycle is at 75 days!!! 

stopped the pill... AF came that Thursday lasted for about 7  days... had spotting that following weekend and 3 days later... now I wait...

• Options

I was on either the combined pill or implant for 13 years. We got married in September so now we're TTC. I stopped taking the pill on 10th October, and had a normal withdrawal bleed. I thought I was having a late period, as I had brown spotting for a week, before AF turned up 33 days after finishing my withdrawal bleed. AF stuck around for 4 days, had nothing at all for 2 days and now I've got brown spotting again.

As I started on birth control at 16, I have absolutely no recollection of my normal cycle length. I'm tracking using 3 different apps, but might take a while to get a good idea. I've bought some ovulation tests from eBay, and will start checking. I just want to know if I'm ovulating! My body, and it's hormones, are all over the place at the minute!

• Options

Hey everyone, can anyone shed some light on my situation please. Came off microgynon after 10yrs in dec, had withdrawal bleed as usual. Had my first  natural period in jan right on cue, am 8days late for 2nd natual period. Have taken numerous tests all negative. Really  gutted. I no i wont b pregnant. I js want the period to hurry up now so can get it over with and try again next fertile days. People say to  wait a few more days n keep testing. Its a very prominent negative line though. I just no i wont b pregant 🙁did anyone else have there fisrt atural af on time n have to wait longer for 2nd.i assumed id b like clockwork as my firat af came bang on time xx

• Options

A huge congratulations to u mo, fantastic news xxx

• Options

I was just going to pop on and say congrats to Mo then realised this thread is super old haha but congrats anyway! Hope you have a healthy little one!

Aim - I was only the pull for 12 years. My first cycle which ended in a proper period after coming off the pill was 23 days the next was 26 then 27 then they evened out to 28 days. Ovulation can change month to month which would change your cycle length but remember it might take a while for your cycle to even out, hopefully not too long of course! It took us 6 cycles to fall pregnant first pregnancy ended in early MC at 5+3 in Jan then I never had a period and fell straight away and am now 6+5 taking each day as it comes! Hope your cycles are back to "normal" soon XX

• Options

On the pill even, not the pull - I was with hubby thenimageimage

• Options

Thanku so much for ur input with this :-) much appreciated. That eases my mind a bit noing even after my firat af it can still take time to evenout n get bk to normal. That is good to know thanku so much also congrats to u :-):-):-)

• Options

Hahaha on the pull ;-):-P;-)

• Options

75 days!! My god thats along time, iv not had to wait that long yet tho still waiting for my 2nd af!! They say not to stress its so hard not too isnt it :'( hope ur af hurries up for u keep me posted xxx

• Options

I wish u all the very best :-)i think i may invest in some ovulation tests also.i too have 3 apps on my phone to track my progress. Just waiting for 2nd af still :-/have done another test this morning  it was negative :'(:'(:'(i think i will retest every 2 days until 2nd af appears. What do u think? I dont really remember my natural cycle either as wemt on pill when i was 16 xxx