Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Telling people?

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a random topic, but I just wondered whether any of you have told people that you are TTC?

I love my mum to bits, we are very very close, and I tell her everything, so recently when she asked me if we're going to start a family soon, I told her that we were trying. Anyway, she has taken the news with such a massive burst of excitement, and seems to have told the whole world, despite me telling her not to! I got a text from my auntie about it (who is my mums twin sister, so to be honest, I sort of figured that she would tell her- so I wasn't too bothered by that!) then my cousin was upset a few weeks ago, so my mum also told her (which means that my cousin will have told her twin sister!), and then she made a comment the other day, and when probed about it a little further, she told me that she told my nan, who has subsequently informed my uncle, who has told his wife and my cousins and their families. Oh it also appears that my brother and his girlfriend know too! I am not angry,(well- I am a little bit, but I know her intentions were good, so I can't be TOO angry!) because I know that she is just really really excited, and I know that she'll be the best Grandma in the whole wide world, and i'm really pleased that she's so excited- but I'm just feeling quite a bit of pressure now! We've only been trying for two months, and I just don't want people second guessing whether I may or may not be pregnant, or thinking it's okay to discuss it, just because it appears to be common knowledge. Also, I feel a bit weird about it, because on a basic level, it pretty much means that my husband and I are having quite a lot of sex- which is not something I really want my family to all be thinking about!! Argh!

So I basically just wondered whether anyone else had shared the news that they were TTC, and what peoples feelings are about it?

Replies

• We told out very close family the first time round but this time only my two close friends know but people do keep asking me about when we will be having another one. Hope you don't get too much pressure just enjoy your self as once you get your bfp your life will never be the same in so many good ways lots of luck. Xxx
  • Hi ladies, we've not told anyone!! I'm wanting to tell at least someone but then they'd have to keep it a secret from everyone else.I'm 39 and DH is 40 so friends and family won't think for one minute that we are TTC!! we have 3 children between us, I have a DS but now I want one with hubby.

I'm on CD 28 today, last month I went 33 days before AF arrived.hoping for a xmas BFP!

good luck ladies xx
  • Hi. We started off not telling anyone but as months have past, ive told a few friends. mainly to get them off my back asking 'when are you going to have a baby'.. if only it was that easy.

Im trying not to tell anyone else as i pretty much burst into tears whenever i talk about it now... what a wreck i am
  • DH told his mum and i really wish he hadn't cos TTC is turning out to be a ral nightmare that i wish we'd never started! (sorry, glum day :'( ) I'll happily tell close family when we get the bfp, but until then i'll just have to put up with the regulr interrogation from my mother in law :S

xx
  • katrob... i feel for you, im not sure i could cope with my mum knowing... think she wouldnt be happy!
  • why wouldn't your mum be happy andi30xx

sorry you're having a glum day katrob! chin up xx
  • I've told a couple of friends who have a child the same age as my dd, just 2, and they told me they are trying too, so really glad I told them. image Hopefully we'll get bfps at the same time so that our 2nd kids can be the same age too!

I haven't had anyone ask, which I thought I would, but I had an awful pg with dd, and she came 10 weeks early, so a lot of people think I'll wait a long time to have no 2.
  • hi bethJL, I think it's lovely you've got someone to share your journey with. my sister will never forgive me for not telling her but I love surprising people!!I am also worried it will take a long time or even not at all!!
  • I too am envious of you BethJL, it must be nice to have someone to talk to. I rely on the ladies on here to be my ears. Carioke, my sis would also kill me, especially since everytime i see her she keeps asking when I'll be giving her DS a cousin! My other sister couldn't conceive so i still have that in the back of my mind, that i might be like her - i know i should think like that but you just can't help it, FC we are all lucky and get our bfps soon xx