Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I'm ovulating!!!

I'm ovultating!!! Just had my first positive on the OPKs! So, what should my POA be?

How much BDing?? every day? More than 1 x a day?

How many days will I be fertile for?

Any best positions?

Thanks for the tips?

Also, any tips for DH??

Thanks!!

Replies

• Hey lucky you, I think half the battle is knowing when you are ovulating, I never have a clue and my opk's don't pick it up....just bd twice a day to be sure and tell dh he needs to keep his pants in the freezer in between times....just for fun.xx fc
  • ha ha! that's funny about putting DH pants in the freezer! :lol: just go for it girl!!image good luck xx

apricotmoon, how come OPK'S not picking up?
  • Hey Carioke, I am not sure to answer your question, well they haven't so far so maybe I haven't ovulated this month yet, I was very early last month so completely missed it. Anyway we were only half heartedly trying this month as so much on, and family staying now til New Year so not hopeful. Will start again next year. Good luck all for this month.x
  • hi everyone and thanks for your advice.

Now another problem, and I'm really not sure what to do about it.

My DH is really feeling the pressure at the mo as all our friends have babies or are pregnant. In the last week or so he says it's all he's been thinking about.

Anyway, to cut a long story short he can get an erection, but it having trouble maintaining it. This is the first time it's ever happened (we've been together more than 10 years) so it has to be linked to the fact that he's thinking about us getting pregnant when doing the deed.

It's happened three days in a row now and it's starting to affect him. Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone offer advice on how to overcome this so we can get back on track next cycle?

Thanks
  • Ah bless you sporty, it's not easy is it.

You already hit the nail on the head, in that he's feeling the pressure. You need to have a chat to confirm you're both sure about babies. Sometimes the reality of the possibility of it happening can be quite daunting rather than the we'd love to have babies convo. This isn't necessarily the case at all but is something I asked my hubby.

I think the most likely cause is the sudden terrifying pressure to perform. He's probably feeling that it's all on him - they don't realise we're feeling exactly the same thing!! You need to keep the fun in things - I'm not saying you aren't, but it's incredibly easy to get too caught up in ttc. If you've told him you're ov'ing, then he'll be thinking right it's all down to me now, and he's scared of letting you both down! The same way we feel when our cycles aren't regular and ov is unpredictable and also every time af arrives we feel like a failure.

For us it's happened a few times, and I think it's a mixture of feeling like he has to perform on command, and that it's all about having a baby and not very much about having fun. Both of us are desperate to get pregnant so sometimes it's just a bit much! We make sure we still have fun, with it being less about focusing on the rights and wrongs of ttc - being in the right position, careful timing etc!

It all sounds very easy when you say it like that, and you sit there thinking of course it's fun, but you are both putting yourselves under too much pressure! Don't worry, tread carefully and it won't be a longterm problem.

Baby dust xxx
  • I'm feeling the pressure also this month never mind the hubby's! It's bound to effect them at times because they know how much you want your BFP ASAP!!. It's a really busy and stressful time at the mo and I'm anxious not knowing whether I can have a drink or not!! people say don't put your life on hold but I've read that you should treat the luteal phase as if you're PG!!

hope you're all well and ready for xmas xx
  • i was wondering this too. im not using an ovulating tests but just guessing 14 days before aunt flo due and using the My dates app. Never sure whether to bd every day for the couple of days befor and after or just onthe day and the coupl eof days after. with my dd we conceived first month and bd was a bit random cos we were on honeymoon and not really thining about it. Its a lot harder not to think about it this time. So far on month three but suspect we might be in for a longer haul image