Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

TTC in the new year

Hiya ladies, just wondered who out there is ready to ttc in the new year. AF is due any day and i know she's coming cos DH was ill when i ov'd so no bd-ing image not gonna miss it this time though, i'm convinced! Gonna enjoy my new year and crack on with the BD as soon as possible. FC to everyone and sending you all lots of baby dust (and mine is pretty strong stuff too!)

xx

Replies

• We are, as you saw in my thread. Thought I'd return the baby dust and here's hoping!
  • thanks Gem, appreciate it! i seem to give out loads of baby dust and then within a couple of weeks they have their bfp. i hope that my dust starts to work for me soon! FC xx
  • hi ladies. im due to test on the 4th jan. really really want our bfp, its been a long 10 months of ttc!!
  • Morning ladies

I had my implant out on 19th dec, waiting for af to arrive and hopefully start with proper cycles so I will be joining you in the new year image katrob your babydust sounds like goodstuff, please send some this wayimage

Lots of babydust to you all ladies

Xxx
  • yay babydust! good luck to all of us for 2012 x
  • Hi ladies, my AF came on Christmas Day (first after coming off pill), after 72 days of waiting it was the best present I could have had (apart from a BFP of course!). So I am definitely TTC in the new year. I am taking agnus castus to try and regulate my periods again, don't want another 72 day cycle! As I'm not sure when I'm going to ovulate we've decided to BD as much as possible just in case (DH would twice a day every day so no persuading necessary there!). If I was lucky enough to revert straight to a 28 day cycle ovulation would be on my birthday on 8 Jan, what a great present that would be! Baby dust to all! x
  • good luck andi, fingers firmly crossed for you image CK, that is a kinda good pressie. I had a really long 1st cycle after coming off the pill, but the next was rediculously short (19 days) but apparently it takes 3 cycles to get to normal, and that seems to be the case for me. I'm really ready for this TTC lark, just need to convince DH of that too. He says he wants to but something always seems to get in the way when it is time to ttc. due to iv around the 15th jan, so FC nothin will go wrong then!

Sending more baby dust to you all xx
  • Hi all, im due to test around 10th January but not holding out much hope for this month, think I may have missed ov. This is currently month 6 of ttc for us, baby dust to you all xx
  • Hi ladies, I'm happy to say my cycles seem to have settled quickly since coming off the pill in sept so fingers crossed I should be ov ing around new years day so a good time to BD image

good luck to you all for BFP's asap in 2012

FC and babydust to you if you're testing soon xx
  • hi ladies we are just going for it im not doing any thing like temps or ovulation tests and im not even going any were near pregnancy tests just enjoying being with my man good luck to evey one in the new year.xxx
  • I'm hoping for a bfp soon! I came off the pill in October and got af after 37 days. I'm now on day 46 but still haven't had another af yet. The annoying thing is I used OV sticks and got a peak on CD 15, but I'm guessing that can't be correct otherwise AF would have arrived ages ago. This waiting game is so hard! Baby dust to everyone!
  • Hey ladies,

First month of tcc so really praying AF doesn't arrive in new year, however, not going to test and just waiting to see if it does or not.

What a lovely new years gift that would be. All the best ladies.
  • hiya can i join this thread? We're currently on month four, but suspect it will be month five in jan as AF is due tomorrow and I have been having all the usual AF PMT symptoms image

Not using sticks or anything but trying to BD roughly around predicted OV dates.

Im 34 and got an 18 month old daughter and would really like to have a brother or sister for her by next Christmas!Fingers crossed. finding it really hard as we fell PG the first month last time we were ttc so getting really impatient.

P.s anyone know if there is any difference between the Boots conception multi vits and the more expensive pregnacare ones?
  • Wishing all you lovely ladies lots of luck for early BFP's next year!

After 18 long months TTC we've going to an IVF clinic open evening on the 18th January. Excited and very nervous but hoping that it will mean we finally get our BFP in 2012 x
  • good luck loopy, my sis did IVF so I know how exciting and nervewracking it can be xx
  • Loopy, I wish you the best of luck xx

FC af doesn't arrive katrob! and fc for all the ladies that have been trying a long time;it must get so frustrating. we are only on month 3 of TTC and now xmas is over I'm hoping it will happen for us asap as I still don't want to tell anyone until I get a BFP but my family and friends want to know what I'm doing for my 40th in may and I don't know what to say to them apart from "I haven't really thought about it"

good luck to all you lovely ladies and lets see some new year BFP's xxx
  • Thanks for the message KatRob1980 hope you don't mind me asking but did your sister find it okay?

I'm really nervous! Sending you lots of babydust for 2012!

carioke hope you get your BFP soon hun x
  • loopy, sorry to see af arrived. x

i still havent spoke to hubs about making a doctors appointment. Think im going to talk to him about it when (if) af arrives.

good luck to everyone.
  • Hi ladies. Can I join you? If AF arrives on Sunday it will be cycle 16 for us. We're desperately hoping for a BFP soon. Good luck everyone xXx
  • Thanks andi30xx and good luck speaking to hubs if you need to I'll keep my FC that it doesn't come to that and you get your BFP first x