Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To test...or not to test?!?! (Implant help needed!!!)

Hey ladies,

Not really "trying" for a baby, but you all seem to know your whats and whens so I'm here for a bit of advice???

Ok, so I came off the implant 22nd Dec (2011). I was on a period just before that and then had a wee bleed after (due to it getting taken out).

We havent used any protection as such, only withdrawal :/

Also, I have downloaded that app on OHs iphone that monitors your period and ovulation etc etc. It says my period was due yesterday. It also shows the days I ovulated blah blah blah. I know its just an app but what do you all think???

And if you dont think I could be, could you tell me of any experiences you've had with coming off implant, ie how long it takes for a period to return.

Thanks for any replies in advance xxx

Replies

• Hi!

Can't offer much advice, but here is my experience since having the implant out image

I had it out in October, and my first cycle was 45 days, but since then, i've had two cycles of 34 days, with ovulation on day 20 both months (I used ov sticks to check this). While I had the implant in, I hardly had any periods, I probably had one every 4 months, so I was expecting it to take ages to regulate properly again, but it seems to have happened fairly quickly!

My husband downloaded a fertility app to his phone, but to be honest, we really didn't find it useful as it conflicted with the ov test results and I felt that I could trust them more than what the app said should be happening with my body!

Currently on CD29, and am REALLY hoping that I don't get my AF on Saturday as I want to be pregnant so much this month!

Sorry, not much help, but that's all I know so far! image
  • thanks hun. i thought doc says fertility returns straight away so jst dont wanna be caught out without knowing!!! sigh. gotta love the waiting game :/

good luck!!! hope u get a BFP!!!! fingers and toes crossed for u xxx
  • Hi Hun,

Implant can take up to a year to get out of your system but only took me a couple of months to regulate. Fc it leaves ur system quick good luck x x
  • thanks ladies. i am so naive as i thought that once its out, because doc said tht fertility returns straight away, i thought your periods would return too!!!! i tested today and bfn so its def not pregnancy and must just be my periods not returning yet. nightmare lol!!! thanks to u both for your replies xxx