Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

When one of you wants another and your OH doesn't!

Hi,

Returning to BE recently as I'm coming to the end of an unplanned chemical/early miscarriage. It's been a stressful, awful time but one big positive that's come out of it is I know I would like to ttc no.2.

The big issue however is that since having my 1st both my OH and I agreed NO MORE, ever so this is a massive turn around for me. My OH has not coped well with the prospect of an unplanned pregnancy but I can't keep my feelings to myself. I would only ever ttc again with his support but I'm scared to even discuss it with him.

I wondered if anyone was ever in a similar position and had any advice or happy endings???

Thanks Inka xxx

Replies

• Hi there.

Our daughter wasn't planned and after having her my OH and I decided not to have any more for a good few years (he said 10 years!). I changed my mind when DD turned about 7 months, I suddenly got REALLY broody. I mentioned it casually to OH one day how much I'd like for DD to have a little brother or sister and he told me outright "no".

After a long time of casually bringing up the subject OH started to weaken a little. After a while he said if it'd make me happy then he was happy to have another baby too. We're now TTC (first month). He's not as excited about it as I'd like him to be, but when he sees how excited I am he does look VERY happy.

I think if you manage to persuade your OH you might have to accept the fact that he's not going to be as excited about it as you'd like, ect ect.

Really hope you manage to persuade him soon! Children are such a blessing. image

xoxo

(P.S sorry to hear about your MC image
  • Thanks for reply,

We did agree when my current situation has run it's course we would talk about why he doesn't and why I didn't originally and now feel differently, but I don't expect much to come of it!

I think now our daughter is more independent the stresses have eased so I feel I could cope with another and the more I think of her growing up alone the more I worry. She'll have no one to play with, confide in and never be an Auntie. I also think she ll learn to share and be more patient.

We had a stressful pregnancy and awful birth and emergency section and then months of milk allergy crying but we re ready this time to look out for the signs. sorry I'm saying to you my speech for OH xx

How's your first month gone? in the 2 ww? Must be exciting for you x

Ink a x