Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implanton removed

Hi all

My other half and I are waiting to ttc baby no 2. I had a contraceptive implant which was removed 2 months back and awaiting af before ttc. Never wanted af to arrive so much!

Anyone else had implant? And how long did it take for your first "normal" af to arrive?

Replies

• hey hun, didnt wanna read and run but i got my implant out on 22nd dec and it finally arrived on the 2nd feb!!! so about 6 weeks later. im sure doc said tht fertility returns to normal as soon as the implant is taken out so get DTD!!!! hehe. good luck to u xxx
  • I waited 37 days for my first AF, and have had 3 cycles of 33/34 days since, which is incredible for me, as I wasn't even regular before I had the implant! Still TTC though, really hoping this month is my month!

Good luck! xx
  • hey hun totally g/c i had the 2 implants one after the other no break and never had a period on it. it took 3-4 for a period then had 1 normal 28day cycle and now im 24+2 image the last month was the first month hubby was actually home as hes forces so it didnt take long once i was regular again x
  • Me too.

Had ours out in Febraury and AF arrived about 5 weeks later. Hoping that it won't take too long to sort its way out of my system. But then one of my friend's said she took 12 months to concieve after having it removed.

I guess we will just have to have fun trying!

Baby dust to all x x
  • Hi Lou12345, I had my implant removed just over two weeks ago, no period since. I asked the nurse if I need to wait for the af to start ttc and she said I don't have to, it's only necessary if you want to calculate when your pregnancy started in the early stages. So me and dh started ttc straight away. Plus, she said af might come immediately, or might be a couple of months, she said 'anything goes' after the implant removal.

xxx
  • Jolly Joey - my doctor said the same to me about the implant. She also took less than 3 minutes to take it out and practically ran out of the room after doing it. The nurse had to sort me out!

Good Luck ladies...
  • hey! i had my nexplanon removed in october and had my period in november if i remember correctly.. i fell pregnant late decemeber but that ended in miscarriage! ( now 6 weeks pregnant again image) but goes to show it doesn't take long to get pregnant once its out! but everyone is different i guess! good luck to you though! xx
  • I am hoping that we do not have to wait for a year, I am not sure I am that patient! he he

AF is currently trying to kill me, I think it is payback for the relief when I had my implant in. JollyJoey, any joy yet?

• Hi Claire, no af yet, but I'm scared to test in case it's too early (ff puts me only at 7dpo).

I hope that you'll be lucky this cycle, fc xxx

Lou, all the best this cycle! Hope it's your bfp! xx

• Took my 3 month to have a period, although we were aware that could start ttc straight away was costing a fortune in preg tests as didn't know when to test! So waiting till af arrived.
  • Hello girls, I'm pregnantimage Never got a period.. Implant out March 26th, faint positive test 26th April, cbd confirmed a day later. Quicker than either me or hubby expected! Hope all will be fine. Good luck ladies xxxxx

• I am getting my nexplanon out tomorrow and ttc asap! My hubby works on the water 2 weeks at a time so this might be tricky!! Do I need to wait to get my period before starting to try??