Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How do you know when ovulate?

Hi , I got a smiley face on cbd opks, and it says to have sex within 48 hours from getting the smiley, how do you know exactly when you ovulate or what to count as 1dpo?

XXXX

Replies

• You can only get a rough idea of ov if you are using OPKs. It can be anything from 12-36 hours. Sometimes your body might get ready to OV, so cause a LH surge and cause a +ve OPK but not actually OV at all. The only way to really confirm ov is by temping xx
  • I get the EWCM when I ovulate and a bit of pain. I used OPKs last time and BDd when I got a positive. I did temp chart too but found it a bit hit and miss! I must have odd body temp!!

• OMG Sian i never knew that ....so i might not even be ovulating?I thought that when you got the positive line/ smiley etc on opks that meant you ovulated so i disissed not ovulating as a possible problem image Oh no i may have to start the temp thing next then XXX
  • You most likely are ovulating I wouldn't worry too much! Sorry I didn't mean to make you panic! OPKs just detect the lh surge but they can't confirm ov so you'd have a rough idea of when ov was. Say you got a +ve on 15th Feb then you could assume ov was 16th/17th so today you'd be 6/7dpo. But if you want to know more precisely then defo recommend temping xx
  • No worries hun, its good to learn these things !

Not feeling good about it at all tonight now, all signs af is going to show in next couple of days image

How are you feeling ?You should know tomo right?

XXXX
  • I am literally a bag of nerves! 15dpo today, still no sign! Anything occuring with you today? xx