Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

cheapy opk tests - any good?

Finally caved in and bought some cheap opk test sticks on Ebay. Just wondering how reliable these are and if yove had any success? Cant believe how expensive the branded ones are in Boots, so hoping these will do the trick

Replies

• Hi. I use them and think they are fine. Just allow a few mins before reading the result and dont drink too much before testing.
  • Yeah they are just as good. I bought a pack of 30 for ??5 from amazon (One Step) and also bought a pack of clearblue digital to test at the same time just to check if they worked as i wasn't convinced they would be reliable for ??5. I tested with the cheap ones from CD10 and started using the digital OPK at CD13. Got a definite positive on CD16 and CD17 on the cheap dippy sticks and then the digital confirmed it with smiley faces on both days just as the cheap ones had.

You do have to keep away from the loo for a few hours and reduce fluids with the cheapys though to make sure your urine is concentrated but I quickly got into the habit and not too much to ask seeing as they are significantly cheaper!
  • I used just the cheapies in jan and they worked fine for me , got my strong lines on cd15 and cd16 . This month i did same as mrs cox and used cbd as well ( only cos my lovely friend gave me a box ) and i actually got pos on cheapies before i got my smiley on cbd ! X
  • I got pregnant last time round using cheapy OPKS!! First month I used them too image

Good luck x
  • G/C but yes i think the cheap ones are just as good, i got my bfp first month of using them (tried for 20!) and as i had some left, just before AF was due i had all the pregnancy symptoms going and used an OPK to test and it came back possitive!! So they definately worked for me!