Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

One Step Ovulation Strip Tests...anyone used them?

Has anyone used the One Step Ovulation tests- if so what are your experiences? I bought them from Amazon after being shocked at the prices in Boots etc

Did a test early this afternoon- half the test line was as dark as the control line. Did a test this evening and the line was arguably as dark as the control line. We have bd anyway just in case!

I'm finding them really hard to read. These are the first ones I have used so I have nothing else to compare them with.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Baby dust to all x

Replies

• I used the One Step ones for the first time last month. I started testing from CD10 with them. The negative tests were a pale line in compared to the control but on CD16 the test line was as dark of not darker than the control line so a definite positive. I also checked with the clearblue digital just to check they were actually working being so cheap and got a smiley on digital OPK on CD 16 as the One Step test had suggested.

They worked for me although didn't result in a BFP last month xx
  • I used them but also fornd it difficult to read results. I did use cbd aLong side but the cheap ones did.not.confirm ov when the smiley race appeared. I now use the cbd ones as they are just easier. I get the cheap from ebay and try to only use the couple of days around ov so I'm not using loads and can make the pack last longer. Loads of people do use cheapies and find them fine.

The bonus with cbd is you can test anytime of day with them. As a shift worker I found this invaluable as I could not possibly test in work.

Sorry rambling. For me the extra cost is justified x
  • We used these and they did the job! Until we started using them I never knew I OVed so late so we always stopped BDing too early hence the BFN. However the month I used them properly I got a definite dark line both times I used them that day, whereas any other time it would just be a faint line.

Sounds like you had your positive so FC for you!

• I have tried them in the past and they are fine as long as you remember that it's only a positive if the line is as dark or darker than the control. Any other line is a negative. They are such a bargain xx
  • Thanks all. I tested the following 2 days after posting my message and the line was darker each day so I guess I answered my own question in the end!

The test line was barely noticeable today so it sounds like it was showing positive the previous days. I also had a lot of ov pains (on both sides??) and also had pain in my breasts.

This is my first month off the pill after 10 years of taking it so I really wasn't sure what to expect. I guess I have 2 weeks to wait now!

I have ordered some more One Step tests for next month- you're right Sian they are a bargain- just picked up 50 for ??7.50 on Amazon.