Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hey ladies how is everyone doing?

Hi ladies,

just wondered how everyone is getting on? I have been thru many phases this month, feeling like my god when is it gonna happen for us ahhh! angry, then upset then I read something saying just what a struggle it is for that one sperm to get to the egg and then I cheered up a bit. I was then trying the (relaxed) approach lol! and then the thoughts of well its been 7 months ttc and if we do have a problem we need to keep trying! I have bought some cheap test sticks for ov and although the app on the iphone says I am fertile no line just yet.

Just wondered if I am going mad or if this is normal!

Hope you are all well and congrats to all the ladies with BFP's

Baby dust all round

xxx

Replies

• Hey,

As I've said on another post - the world of ttc is a crazy place and can make us all go a bit strange and slightly obsessive. Lol. In a normal healthy woman I think there is a 20% chance per cycle of getting pregnant, there was a programme on ch4 about the journey of the sperm to the egg, using people as the sperm! It was fascinating and well worth looking up to watch. I'm sure it's on YouTube.

When I was 21 it took me approx 6 months to get my BFP.

Try the relaxed approach and enjoy having lots of bd - once you get your BFP you will probably find you won't want to be so energetic and when baby does arrive you certainly won't want to for a while! :lol: babydust to you and enjoy! Xxx
  • This is the third month properly trying for us (the 2 previous to that were half hearted attempts). We are trying a more relaxed approach but also upping the anti a bit and trying to bd more. We tried the 'every other day' method during my fertile week last month, so this month going to try every day of fertile week and see.

I also had an issue with my ov sticks last month, tied it in with my ipad app too. Basically for the entire fertile week and a few days after I did not receive a positive result (sorry to put a dampner on things). However I know the sticks work as the month before I had a positive on them for 3 days (evening, next day and next morning). Am hoping that it was just a blip and that this month nature and my body will be on my side.

I was quite desperate to get pregnant before March as am a teacher and wanted to hand my notice in (even if I get pregnant this month it would be too late in the school I work in) so I feel that that has taken some of the pressure off getting pregnant.

I just want to wish you all the very best of luck, I am sure we will all get our BFPs very soon, so have my FC for you all.
  • Hello can I join in for a wee rant plz.

We are only in month two of ttc and driving me crazy, af was a wk late last month and was due at the w.e. but still no show, had bfn yest. This is so frustrating as i've always had reg 28-30 day cycles until nowimage bn goin through loads of emotions as well. Really can't imagine what its going to be like months down the line if bfp doesn't show xx
  • Hi JacksMummy2,

I had the same issue as you this month as well. I have always had 28-30 day cycles but this month I was 3 days late. I tried 2 pregnancy tests (even though the OPK tests never gave me a positive result) and both came up with BFN's. Was very upset for a while but then just wanted AF to arrive so I could get on with this month and trying again. It really is a roller coaster ride this TTC lark.

I have asked a few people I know who have recently had babies for any advice and all give me the usual "stop trying" line but I really don't know how I can do that, I am not obsessive and only using OPK sticks and trying to BD at the right time. Oh and I dropped the caffeine in the day (I drink a lot of coffee in work) but that's it.

I think this forum is great for ranting and sharing advice and experiences. Nothing beats being able to share with people who know exactly how you feel.

Wishing you all the best x
  • Well i'm now 4 days late (going by my max cycle of 30 days) gt a bfn yest and had small traces of bloody cm which has now changed to brown cm (sorry, tmi). Been having all normal af symptoms so seriously getting annoyed nowimage xxp
  • I honestly have to say that I have no idea what my body is doing!

I think I would like to blame the implant I had! But it has almost been out for a month, so I was hoping that something would have happened by now!

I am sure that our times will come...in the meantime we can go made trying!