Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

period & conceiving

hi im just wondering if you can conceive without avin periods ? its just ive had that contreception injection for 6 months but ended it 2nd week in november so been off it for nearly 5 months now and never had a period since but me n my partner have now decided 2 try for another baby but just wondering if i can still conceive or will i have 2 wait til ive had my 1st period ? hope sum1 can help :?

Replies

• Options
    can no1 help ?
  • Options
    Hi alison,

I'm not really certain but it might be an idea to do a preg test and rule that out because 5 months is a long time not to get a period. and then get to the doctors. all contraceptives take a while to work there way out of your body completely but there could also be some hormones out of sync that is stopping your cycles from being normal. i guess in the mean time keep trying!
  • Options
    hi ive been 2 my docs 3 weeks ago and she said they wont do nowt til ive had no period for 6 months and just said 2 keep doin preg tests every so often but not like everyday, done 1 few days ago n was neg but few wks ago i had clear discharge for a full week and few pains right down the bottom ov my belly and my belly also felt tender couple ov times a day during that week too... very confused ! xx
  • Options
    You can still ovulate without bleeding so it is possible if you have already been DTD that you could be pregnant. The only way you will know for certain is for a BFP or AF to arrive though. Without having had AF you won't necessarily know when you have ovulated which can in turn make it hard to know how far along you'd be with the pregnancy. You could ask your GP/Dr to take a bloodtest from you to determine whether or not your pregnant (going with the line you think you might be but have had negative HPT results).
  • Options
    thank you for ur replys, wen do u think i should go bk 2 my docs with me been there only few wks ago n her tellin me they wont do nowt til ive not had a period for 6 mths ?
  • Options
    Just go back now and say its been 6 months. or go to another doctor even. a bloodtest would def be worthwhile or even a scan to check for pcos as that really messes your cycles too
  • Options
    hi every1 just 2 update you all... i did another test 2day 1 ov those dip stick 1s (cheap) and it came bk with 2 lines it took a minute 2 come through the result line n was bit more than just faint but now it seems 2 have fainted abit so would you say i was or not ?
  • Options
    how do i upload a pic 2 show u it ?
  • Options
    hi just 2 update you all... the test i did yesterday was a very faint positive like i said above but then done 1 this morning (sainsburys own) and that was positive too so decided to do very cheap 1 again at tea time 2nite and that was too positive with a darker line than the 1st 1 so looks like ive got a bfp but now my boyfriend is not sayin much dont think hes happy about it even though he did say he wanted 2 try 1 more time for a girl but hes said he didnt fink it would happen this quick after me comin off the depo now hes making me feel guilty image xx