Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice Please

Ladies I need your help.

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a year now with no success. My periods are completely normal and I have a 28 day cycle.

Last October I began spotting a week before AF was due. It was very dark and as they days went on became a little bitty. I went to the doctor and she said not to worry and to come back if it happened 3 consecutive months. Well it happened again in November exactly a week before AF. Then my next two periods were normal.

In January I bought a CBFM so I can confirm that I am ovulating and can also confirm that we did the deed at the right times. So last month exactly 5 days after ovulation the spotting and bits started again. Today I am 6 days after ovulation and last night when I got undressed I noticed a very small amount of dark spotting. We did the deed last night and afterwards I went to the toilet and noticed on the tissue some more spotting.

I've had nothing today so far but I've got slight cramps and back ache. I can't help but feel that for some reason my eggs are trying to fertilise but at the crucial 5 days post ovulation it all falls away.

I'm taking Pregnacare and have stopped taking any pain killers. All I use is 4Head if I get a headache.

I'm really confused and fed up of this now. Any advise would be appreciated.

xx

Replies

• Is it after sex this happens? If so get it checked out by doctor. If not it sounds like implantation spotting or attempts at implantation which hasn't managed it. How long is the period between ovulation and af arriving? I'm sure your bfp is around the corner sometimes it does just take a while . Good luck x
  • Hi, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone as I too went through this. Some months I only went 5 days with no spotting. I even had an operation to look insid my womb with a camera but they found nothing and everything was confirmed as being fine (womb lining normal etc.). Then in December all of a sudden the spotting stopped. That was the month I got my bfp (although sadly ended in mc @ 10 weeks). If you are worried go to your doctor. It might be something simple that they can deal with. I was told I might have a polyp on my cervix that was both causing the bleeding and stopping me from conceiving if it was blocking the entrance to my cervix but during the operation in August they found nothing. If in doubt please go to your gp. You are not overreacting and deserve to know what's going on xxx