Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April ttc club - lets find those golden eggs........

Replies

• S evans thats great that your scan went well!  Its so reassuring isn't it xxx

• Hello ladies - lots to catch up on again.

Speccles - are you alright? How was your weekend?

S-evans - that's wonderful news considering you had the extended wait. I am so pleased, it must have been a wonderful feeling to see that little flicker. Wel done. Fingers crossed for the next scan too and then you will be nearly there to reaching your first milestone.

Jay - glad you are alright. Take care and fingers crossed for the next month.

AFM - well as I thought FF is telling me I ov'd v early. I can usually tell by my temperature pattern (goes to show I have been temping too long) and when I got a dip to the low point I had the other day, I wondered whether I might be earlier this month and if right it will mean my cycle length will be shorter and like it used to be pre the 3rd and 4th mcs that I had......interesting. So I am probably out this month as we only dtd once in the right timeframe de to OH being in hospital / operation etc. Oh well another month to chalk off the list. Wonder what my cycle will do next month...

Hope everyone else is doing ok - sorry to anyone I have missed a reply to. Keep smiling girls and will catch up next week when I am back online - off to inlaws until next week.

Love Apple x

• S-evans - am so happy for you that the scan went well and you saw the heartbeat - wonderful!  I've also got my final scan in two weeks with St Marys then they hand me over to my local hospital - another kind of two week wait!!

Apple - interesting about the change in your cycle - but don't rule out this month yet.  I ov'd late the ttc month, so there was a gap of 3 days between bd and ov and it caught - so you never know!!  Enjoy your week away.

How are you feeling Bluestar???

Good luck to everyone on the 2ww and testing soon x

• hello girls i've been following you on here but was too shy to say hello. i've posted in the recurrent miscarriage forum about my history but thought to come and say hello here too. i have little boy who is 2 next week and have been trying for our secon for nearly a year now and since then i got pregnant 3 times...one chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks, then the next one went to nearly 11 weeks only to find out it was a missed mc so had to have a D&C then i got pregnant last month which again ended at 5 weeks. so this would be the 4th time. i am due in two days time and i took a clearblue test and it was very faint but positive. i will wait till i'm 4+2 which is next mpnday then call dr's and they said they will straight away refer my to the hospital for tests....does anyone know what test they give you or what they can do to save your bean so early on? thanks for listening xxx

• Hi ladies,

I thought i'd pop by to see how you're all getting on, I rarely open my laptop these days but keep a check on my phone, however can't comment on it. Anyway, congrats to those of you who have had bfps, good scans and those progressing well. This road is rocky and long but I can tell you there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm 28+1 now and feel baby wriggling and kicking constantly, we've started on the nursery and bought most things and starting to get nervous now! It's never straight forward though and we found out at my 28 wk appt that baby has an ectopic heartbeat. I was sent straight to the hospital to be monitored and they heard it quite clearly. Basically her heart has an extra beat, then it slows for a second whilst it kind of resets itself. I have to go back next week to see if they hear it again and then take it from there. Apparently this can be common and usually sorts itself out by birth and even if not then it shouldn't be problematic. My heart skipped several beats though when the mw told me. But hopefully all will be well. After 3 losses we deserve for everything to be ok. I have a heart murmur that doesn't affect me so she may have just inherited that from me.

Anyway we have a 4d scan booked for sat so looking forward to seeing her (and hopefully having confirmation that she is a she!). Good luck to all of you who are trying this month xx

• Apple - dont give up hope. Once is all it takes. Once did it with my DS. Hope you weekend with inlaws is ok and your hubby is recovering after operation

Sevans - so glad you saw healthy little hearbeat. So lovely and reassuring . How are you feeling ?

MrsKH72 - Im not too bad thanks . Am aching like crazy and paranoid every twinge will end in mc but I am getting better at trying to ignore and stopping running to loo every 5 mins. When does the panicking stop? You happy about being signed back to local hospital soon? 

hopebeansticks- welcome to the forum. I hope this is your sticky bfp. The ladies on here are great at listening so hoping you find it a useful place to chat and ease concerns. Im afraid I cant help with what tests they will do . I think there are blood tests but not sure what else. I hope they go well

KWN32 - glad your little bean is wriggling and giving you lots of movement. Im sure the ectopic heartbeat is nothing to worry about.  I imagine the hospital would have told you if it was . You do deserve everything to be alright and it must have been a big shock and worry. I hope your ok xx

AFM 5w 1d. Still very early days. Am sat here with a cobra , alcohol free beer and it is lovely. Have a fair bit of back and tummy ache. flatulance and constipation ( sorry tmi) occassional wave of nausea and sensitive smelling but no sickness. I really want it for reassurance. I know silly really. I will be booking my 8 week reassurance scan this weekend. Doctor wont refer me so convinced DH to pay. 

To any one I missed sorry hope your well x x x

• s-evans so happy to hear about your scan.

Apple - once is enough!! 

welcome HopeBeanSticks, sorry to hear about your losses, i hope everything goes well for you in this pregnancy.

kwn i hope everything is OK with your baby's heart. it doesn't sound like they're too worried which is good.

Blue-xStarx wishing you present-but-not-too-yukky pregnancy symptoms!

as for me, after several days of sore boobs and pelvic pain I tested and it's BFP!!! kind of scared, but telling myself to think positive. 3rd time lucky??

hope everyone else is well xx

• Kitten litten I dont think I have known anyone fall as quickly as you! Many congrats and heres to a extra sticky bean!

How far along are u?

• Thank you! i know it's nuts, after over a year of trying and nothing happen this is basically my 3rd pregnancy in 4 cycles!! goodness knows what my body is doing lol! I think i'm exactly 4 weeks image xx

• Well lenty of rest and like you say try to stay positive.

• whoop whoop !!! Yey kitten little - I hope this is your sticky one. As vix says plenty of rest and relaxation. Due you have an EDD or are being cautious for a while?? So please for you xx

• thank you! I think my EDD is the 1st of January!! I was trying not to think about it then couldn't resist and had to find out......

• Congratulations kitten so happy to see more BFP's... Keep them coming!! I had my scan today and I am glad to say after three of the hardest years of our lives we have finally done it image scan was amazing and I am now 13+4. We are both so so happy and looking forward to enjoying being pregnant now x x
  • sorry ladies , needed time out to try not to think about it . Though how impossibel is that. We are trying o give ourselves a good chance with lots of baby dancing have to admit last few months I just wasn't in mood. But we have been enjoying the baby dancing so far image . Hope you are doing well.

had positive news today a girl in work who lost her baby at 10 weeks last summer is now pregnant and 4 months into it .She already has a 3 year old.  Which helps me to see that it could just be our last baby wasn't well. It's not that we can't have one.

and congratulations to kittle litten . Great news.

sorry I am not best suppport but it's great to see the BFP and I will let you know if I get one. It's good to see girls having positive results. I am trying to belive all our times will come it really is just when it is right time for us . So hard to be paitiernt but we will all be happy soon . i am sure of it xx

• Kittenlittle - i know its impossible not to think about it. So please for you hun and hope its sicky.

Mrs Daisy - I understand the pressures of ttc can be overwhelming. I hope you are starting to 'enjoy' the process a bit more. Things tend to happen when you relaxed so good luck xx

• Congratulations to those with BFPs!  Sticky baby dust to you all. xx

I'm out for this month I'm afraid, and feeling rubbish about it.  image Relaxing is easier said than done and I feel time is running out. Could do with some sun to lift my spirits, but its just one day of rain after another. 

• Thanks blue star . I am trying too I so want a family and to be a mum but trying to appreciate the extra we have as couple before the constant worry of your children. Made me think listening to teachers earlier _ this will sound morbid but guess if I died my parents would grieve ( and siblings and family )  but the thought of dying and leaving your child alone in world *shudder* s

We are trying to enjoy this time of being able to baby go off for weekends and baby dance where we like when we feel like it ha ha sorry if to much info.

Hopeing to book late holiday deal to greek island  in june . Can you still travel ? if I was in first trimester ?

AF not due with me until around 8th may so I won't be testing til maybe week after that. I want to be more sure this time.

Good luck all x

• Hi girls, I just wanted to pop in and catch up on you all. I used to be a regular in here. Congratulations on all the bfps!!!! try to relax ladies, easier said than done I know. It's hard not to over analyse every cramp and twinge or compare symptoms and think yours aren't normal. Remember everyone is different, and nothing you do or don't do will effect the outcome ( within reason of course, skydiving etc!!!!). I drove myself mad over the past 3 months, worried, cried you name it. I have had no symptoms, no cravings, nothing!! So far myself and my little lazy baby appear to be fine. To the lovely ladies trying to get that elusive and scary bfp, I wish you all good luck. I tried for 18 mths after mc1. Had tests, did temping, OPKs, you name it, it just wouldn't happen. I'm an older lady (hmmmm prob a stretch there) I'm now 42. Advice was always to relax , how do you do that? Amazingly got bfp last sept bit it only lasted till 5+4. I had had enough. It was all too hard. Threw everything away, folio acid, OPKs, even started to organise snip for hubby. Booked a big holiday with friends and was really ably to switch off. It was just making us so unhappy. To our disbelief bfp 3 appeared at the end of feb. shock quickly turned to worry and a resignation it would end quickly in mc no 3. Well, I'm still here, still pg, and still in disbelief. if this can happen to us, it can happen to you lovely ladies. I believe the best advice is to relax and focus on other things in life. Holidays etc. I know it's hard, but it works. I'm proof. Sorry for the ramble, I just know how everyone here helped me through the hardest time in my life, and wanted to pass a positive story back to you. Love to you all xxxxxxx
  • What Tashelby says is so true (you always know what to say Tracy and it's so good to see you doing well), it can happen. And i'm another evidence of proof. After 3 mmc's, an operation to remove a large cyst, all recurrent mc tests coming back negative I unbelievably am over 29 wks pregnant. This time last year my husband was in Afghanistan and I was recovering from surgery, feeling very sorry for myself, avoiding anybody who dared to be pregnant and hating the doctors for saying 'you've just had a run of bad luck'. I'm now sat here, after first coming to this forum in Apr'10 and we're finally facing parenthood.

So to all you ladies who are still on the uphill struggle, don't lose hope. I almost did xx

• it's so good to hear the positive stories, thank you for coming back in here and sharing your experiences! I hope everything continues well for you.

our journey hasn't been quite so long, we're at 16 months now of ttc and on my 3rd pregnancy, I'm looking to you guys and seeing the potential that it could continue despite how I feel in the dark moments! thankfully those aren't too frequent and mostly I'm just enjoying it (and moaning about not getting my morning coffee any more LOL! gladly sacrificing it really).

love and sticky baby dust to everyone xxx