Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

How long to conceive baby 2?

I was just wondering how long it has taken you to get a BFP for number 2?  Any quicker?

It took us 11 months for our first and all got a bit stressful and so hoping it won't come to that.

I know we are all different but any insight will be reassuring.

We had one attempt this month and 5 days past OV.

Replies

• We not quite started ttc no 2 yet but to be honest i've heard very mixed things on this!! There was a topic on it on here a few months back and ive spoken to a few friends and relatives about it.

It took my Mum almost 3 times as long to get pg with my little sister. BUT, on the other hand, it was 3 times quicker for my Aunty and she actually got pg first month of trying with her 2nd.

Not sure if that helps or not but I really hope that you manage to get in ore attempts next month and get nice and lucky!

x

• We are on cycle 4 TTC no2 x
  • Hi izzybell. We are currently on month 2 of ttc #2. Hoping it happens quick. With my first i was on the pill 6 years and caught pg within 7 weeks, but this time round im checking when i ov and everything (i have been on the pill 3 years and came off it in february). Hope we all get lucky soon image

• Hi. I'm on month 14. My son is 8 yrs old... I think my body has forgotten what to do.
  • We ll be moving on to month 7 now , af got me yest on 6 th month of trying so on to month 7 for us ! X
  • So you never can tell.  I just hope its soon.  Before my first I had long and irregular periods and since having DD they are like clockwork.  This has got my hopes up a bit.

I must not get stressed, I must not get stressed - Keep having to remind myself that this is only month 1!

Wishing you lots of luck girls

XX

• Im on cycle 7 ttc #2.. I was hoping it would be quicker than this but hey ho :/ Fingers crossed you get your BFP quickly image xx
  • Well it's month 8 for us it took 12 month for my son hope it happens soon good luck. X
  • Hi It took 1 month with ds, 1 month with 2nd pg which ended in mc then another 4 for this bean bit am only 5 weeks so still hoping this is sticky bean. Over all it does seem 2nd pg take longer to conceive. Good luck x x
  • Our first was 4 months we have been ttc #2 for 10 months.
  • I got pg first month with ds and wasn't even trying!! it's now month 7 for us now!  I am nearly 40 though!  It's 9 years ago today I got a positive pg test!!