Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Can taking pill back to back affect fertility

Hi There, I plan to come off my pill towards the end of summer and start trying for a baby.  I am getting married on 30th June with a two week honeymoon afterwards, and I am also going away for my hen weekend in the middle of May.  If my period is due to fall on these dates, I was going to take two pill packets back to back, but with it being close to when I want to come off the pill (approximately 3 months after the wedding) am I doing my fertility any harm doing this.  I am a bit useless at understanding cycles and wasn't sure if this would do my cycle any harm.

Thanks x x x

Replies

• I used to take the pill back to back regularly, often did 2 months then have a break then another 2 months. Came off end of June, got preg start of Dec. Don't really get cycles myself, used ovulation sticks but never actually got a positive ovulation result, but i must have been!Have a chat with the nurse at your next pill check if you're worried.

HTH

xxx

• I often took the packs back to back and things sorted themselves out very quickly with monthly afs starting straight away. I wouldn't worry about doing it, but if you want to make sure, speak to your gp.